Southend sack groundsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game against Bolton was called off on morning of game due to frozen pitch. Heaters and covers had been put on the playing surface but the temprature dropped lower than anticipated. Unless their is more to it, that seemed a bit harsh, he had been there 27 years.

Game against Bolton was called off on morning of game due to frozen pitch. Heaters and covers had been put on the playing surface but the temprature dropped lower than anticipated. Unless their is more to it, that seemed a bit harsh, he had been there 27 years.

Remember going up to SOL for a home game v Stockport in 1997/98. The undersoil heating didn't work and the pitch was covered in snow, apparently Reidy went ballistic and told the groundsman he would be sacked if we lost the game. We won 1-0

Remember going up to SOL for a home game v Stockport in 1997/98. The undersoil heating didn't work and the pitch was covered in snow, apparently Reidy went ballistic and told the groundsman he would be sacked if we lost the game. We won 1-0
Imagine if somebody threatened somebody with the sack like that nowadays! Fuck me it'd be tribunal after tribunal. The judge would be signed off with stress and paid a full salary for life plus a 100% bonus on top.

Was that the game where one of their lads broke his leg? I remember the horrible echoing crunch in the game ai was on about, I think his name was Tom Bennett

Wasn't he sacked anyway ?

Just had a "barrow" of laughs reading that.

Coat

Me and reid would never have got on and i think he would have got hurt the lairy scouse git.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back