South Shields

Pisstaking aside does in get many tourists as in people coming for family holidays? Its a place ive been to a few times over the months and it does have quite a bit going for it. All within walking distance you have a good beach, decent swimming pool, arcades and shows, boating lake, acres and acres of wide open fields for the youngun to runaround on. Then quick boat ride to get to Tynemouth, excellent transport links to Roker Seaburn etc as well as Newcastle. Never thought about it that much as a holiday destination with it being half an hour drive away from where I live but the sea front has quite a bit going for it

Pisstaking aside does in get many tourists as in people coming for family holidays? Its a place ive been to a few times over the months and it does have quite a bit going for it. All within walking distance you have a good beach, decent swimming pool, arcades and shows, boating lake, acres and acres of wide open fields for the youngun to runaround on. Then quick boat ride to get to Tynemouth, excellent transport links to Roker Seaburn etc as well as Newcastle. Never thought about it that much as a holiday destination with it being half an hour drive away from where I live but the sea front has quite a bit going for it
Yes loads, hear loads of different accents down the front every time I’m out.

I always think it's on the brink of becoming a great tourist hotspot for the UK. No reason why it can't rival Scarborough. Just needs a bit more investment and it's there

Hartlepools better than Gateshead mate. Less Newcastle fans for a start.
Been honest , loved living in Gateshead. Quick drive to and from the match and a quick taxi ride into Newcastle for a night out. Plus a metro to ponteland airport for trios away

Back