South Shields fans

They're not like. When all this started Shields were playing in the same league as three clubs from Sunderland itself (RCA, Ryhope CW and Washington), which is why I was a little cynical.
Best of luck to the Sandies though.
How local do you want. Shields ground is probably as close to ours as Ryhope and definitely Washington. They are neighbours and our operating centre is in South Tyneside.

So a bunch of lads and lasses disillusioned with modern football decide to support local lower league team? Absolutely no problem with that at all.
Whey it happened in 92 when Newcastle had some success and were fashionable to support, hit real shit times and the plastics show true colours and abandon ship to follow the next trendy local club

Last edited:
I was stood next to some blokes who used to be Sunderland fans, one of them told me he was going to Roker Park from 1953 then started following Shields about 5 years ago because he was sick of getting his weekend ruined and all of the money/players taking the piss out of the club.

so when Shields reach a level where they dont win every week, hes sure to remain loyal:)

Nonsense
Really don’t understand this lack of appreciation for non league football
South Shields fans are Shields fans because they’re from South Shields or follow the club
Clearly it has driven more fans because of success on the pitch but comments like this are just silly

Not relevant to the above post but just seen the signing they’ve made today. Good coup , watched him play a few times he’ll score plenty at that level imo

Was at Boldon CA v South Shields tonight. Yes Shields had some academy players but 6 first teamers playing who are on hundreds of pounds a week and only beat Boldon 5 leagues below them 1-0 with a dubious goal with more than a hint of offside. Shields won’t need a physio for their number 9 they need a lifeguard for him if the amount of belly flips he did when touched is anything to go by.

Was at Boldon CA v South Shields tonight. Yes Shields had some academy players but 6 first teamers playing who are on hundreds of pounds a week and only beat Boldon 5 leagues below them 1-0 with a dubious goal with more than a hint of offside. Shields won’t need a physio for their number 9 they need a lifeguard for him if the amount of belly flips he did when touched is anything to go by.

What was the Boldon team like?

I would of thought a 1-0 win was good when you only have 6 players vs 11. :lol:

Were you watching the right game, I've just seen the Shields side and only 5 first team players played and 2 of those have only played 6 games and 3 games.

Not a strong side really is it:lol:

Last edited:
I have absolutely no problem with people following their true local team than jumping on the mag bandwagon.

I would very happy if Durham mags tilted towards supporting Durham City, Crook et all instead. It is at the least, authentic.

What was the Boldon team like?

I would of thought a 1-0 win was good when you only have 6 players vs 11. :lol:

Were you watching the right game, I've just seen the Shields side and only 5 first team players played and 2 of those have only played 6 games and 3 games.

Not a strong side really is it:lol:

Briggs is the only one who i would say is a first team starter. not sure but i think only him and brown over the age of 20 as well

Briggs is the only one who i would say is a first team starter. not sure but i think only him and brown over the age of 20 as well
But apart from that, oh and also it's only four divisions that separate not five, he was spot on

Above the clock on Shields balcony part of the clubhouse . A sign saying “clock Stand” fitted by some of our best SAFC supporters

Having a dig at shields is pathetic behaviour. Absolutely f***ing pathetic. They're a tiny club who have done well to get a few fans through the doors and make some progress, neither of which are unrelated to the other.

The idea of having a dig at people who can be arsed to watch the Shields standard of football (and that of their opponents) on even a semi regular basis is absolutely f***ing ludicrous. Give your head a wobble and act with some dignity.

I'd never been there before last night but it seemed alright. Not sure I could hack watching it every week but fair play to those who do, regardless of who else they have supported in the past or even still do support now. Shields is half and half, you get plenty from both.
Shields have some cracking lads following them, and some idiots like most sides. Had a taxi driver who was a season ticket holder tell me their highest ever defeat was 5-0.... on the other hand I know a group of 5 who have been home and away for f***ing years and once put their own coin in to help the club out. Club doesn’t bother me, would love to see more clubs from the north east in the football league.

Another cup for Shields. The annual Sam Bartram trophy.

Who they signed?
Joint manager reveals delight as South Shields swoop to land new prolific striker. Prolific scorer in the National league North

Last edited:
Not relevant to the above post but just seen the signing they’ve made today. Good coup , watched him play a few times he’ll score plenty at that level imo
Jason Gilchrist
Top goalscorer in NLN in 2017-18 season and top scorer for Southport last season... signed for £60k by them
Played for England C
Great signing and will get a load of goals in this league

Back