South Shields fans

I'm very surprised at the amount of used to be Sunderland supporters comments I've heard. Why the hell would you wanna ever admit you used to support Sunderland but now support some one else?

Fuck that, it's as bizarre as it gets. Support your club through thick and thin! Must be some right fairies to take the hump and go and support other clubs man.

I don't think they've stopped going because they don't care any more, but if you have a family it's expensive to go.
Tickets, transport, grub it all adds up. If there in shields they might be within walking distance of the ground.

Thought the Shields fans were spot on, and their piss taking about Wembley was just normal crack. Never heard any singing about Shearer and I was in their singing stand behind the goal.
I’m a Sunderland supporter of 40 years and from South Tyneside, I’d say 75% of fans their last night, were ex-safc.

How could you possibly know that? :lol:

Thought the Shields fans were spot on, and their piss taking about Wembley was just normal crack. Never heard any singing about Shearer and I was in their singing stand behind the goal.
I’m a Sunderland supporter of 40 years and from South Tyneside, I’d say 75% of fans their last night, were ex-safc.

I think that’s the point, why stop supporting Sunderland?

Milk Cup Final 1985, over 50,000 Sunderland fans attended but 2 months later for the final home game there were only 9,398 at Roker Park.

I'm a Sunderland fan btw, but I hate this Shields bashing on here. They are no threat to Sunderland and should be applauded for their efforts
The 'Shields' fans have done it to themselves on this board. Their OTT on every thread about them and the fact that a lot are ex Sunderland supporters now mixing with Mags in unison to suddenly support a team simply because money has been thrown at them. This surge in support has nothing to do with new found loyalties. On a lesser scale it's no different to those who were attracted to the Mags during the Hall/Keegoon era.

There was a chant in the second half from their ‘Uber ‘ fans who were behind the goal in the shed of fat cockney bastard get out of our club.
It seems to validate the OPs comments a bit.

No there wasnt. That sprang up because some mags started singing Newcastle songs. It was actually 'you sad geordie bastards get out of our club'.

I'm from Shields but I'm a Sunderland fan. I know loads of people who go to watch them if we're not playing or are away. Same with Newcastle supporters who live in the area. I personally don't bother going, but I've got no problem if people want to take in a match at a decent level, have a nice afternoon out and help a local club.

Just a bunch of newcastle fans who have become “disillusioned” with modern football and have tried to glory hunt and think it’s cool to support them. Evident last night of all the talk around Rafa, Bruce, the fake sheik, singing Shearer songs and the hate for the Sunderland players.

Change my mind.
die hard sunderland fan here but im a houghton lad so if one of the houghton teams played newcastle id be there in the houghton end probs with many who are also sunderland fans

I can think of loads of reasons.

Just because you haven't given up doesn't mean other fans don't see things differently.
Not Sunderland fans then ! Their new 'passion' for a non league team with money being hoyed at it shows them for what they are. If it goes belly up they'll have to find a new team to hang on to.

Back