South Shields fans

Blyth

Striker
Just a bunch of newcastle fans who have become “disillusioned” with modern football and have tried to glory hunt and think it’s cool to support them. Evident last night of all the talk around Rafa, Bruce, the fake sheik, singing Shearer songs and the hate for the Sunderland players.

Change my mind.

Last edited:

Nonsense
Really don’t understand this lack of appreciation for non league football
South Shields fans are Shields fans because they’re from South Shields or follow the club
Clearly it has driven more fans because of success on the pitch but comments like this are just silly
I went to the play off game last season and I was genuinely suprised by the amount on Newcastle strips

Nonsense
Really don’t understand this lack of appreciation for non league football
South Shields fans are Shields fans because they’re from South Shields or follow the club
Clearly it has driven more fans because of success on the pitch but comments like this are just silly
So none of them are ex newcastle fans that are some how now shields fans?

I’m not saying that, of course there’ll be some
But to use words like disillusioned and glory hunters is completely wide of the mark
Probably more like fans who are from South Shields who want to follow their local club which is arguably far more personal

Genuinely how many were Shields pulling in on Saturday afternoon 7 or 8 years back?

But to use words like disillusioned and glory hunters is completely wide of the mark
Probably more like fans who are from South Shields who want to follow their local club which is arguably far more personal
So it’s not nonsense then. Where were they 8 year ago?

It doesnt really make sense as the narrative from a couple of national newspaper articles last year suggested that shields support was made up almost entirely of shit Sunderland fans who'd sacked their team off due to us being shit.

Just a bunch of newcastle fans who have become “disillusioned” with modern football and have tried to glory hunt and think it’s cool to support them. Evident last night of all the talk around Rafa, Bruce, the fake sheik, singing Shearer songs and the hate for the Sunderland players.

Change my mind.
Glory Hunting by supporting South Shields?

but most non league sides and many lower league sides have fanbases largley made up by fans of other clubs

Last edited:

Change my mind.
Can the ardent S Sheilds fans explain this ?

"Follow their lerkel Klerb"? To Jarra?

Good luck to ye, but why do you play in Jarra?

It doesnt really make sense as the narrative from a couple of national newspaper articles last year suggested that shields support was made up almost entirely of shit Sunderland fans who'd sacked their team off due to us being shit.
Oh there’s definitely Sunderland fans in the same boat

Back