South Shields away

Warrington had an away end in the play offs. Fenced off and stewards stood on the Shields side of the fence. They had a burger van type arrangement that was serving alcohol in the away end as they had no access to the tent or the clubhouse.

Was the same against York in the FA cup a few years back

are you sure?

what's the point in giving us an allocation if there are no 'ends'?
Very, been quite a few times.

It will be segregated (fenced off) anyone with a Sunderland ticket will enter through a separate turnstile and located In the far corner. Very much doubt you can walk anywhere you want
It's never been like that before the last 8 or so times I've been.

Last edited:
Very, been quite a few times.

It's never been like that before the last 8 or so times I've been.
For the big games /sell outs there is segregation.. Sunderland might well be segregated. Far side.. Toilet block and burger/beer van.. Doubt you will get anywhere near the clubhouse or tent if that's the case

Last edited:
So if its not a childish dislike what is it then?
Ok then for over 20 year I've watched Northern league football, and each time I have tried to spend at least £10 at which ever club I visit on whichever Saturday or midweek not a lot at all but its all.i could manage and ultimately goes into the clubs, you name it I've been there including mariners park quite a few times, being one of less than 30 people on 1 occasion Vs Tow Law, then one of just 14 people to see shields play at Peterlee when they were on their arse almost gone for good but I went cos felt my £10 may just help no matter how small, no affiliation to them but didn't want them to go the journey like too many did and still continue to do so, where were the locals back then eh??? Where were the hundreds who watch now back then??? No where they did not care, they did not care till money was pumped in and you could go see Julio arca, now best of luck to pontelands father and to shields flying the flag for the north east I hope they go on n on and achieve what they want but I won't forget where the bandwagon jumpers were when the club needed them and it definitely wasn't mariners park

Ok then for over 20 year I've watched Northern league football, and each time I have tried to spend at least £10 at which ever club I visit on whichever Saturday or midweek not a lot at all but its all.i could manage and ultimately goes into the clubs, you name it I've been there including mariners park quite a few times, being one of less than 30 people on 1 occasion Vs Tow Law, then one of just 14 people to see shields play at Peterlee when they were on their arse almost gone for good but I went cos felt my £10 may just help no matter how small, no affiliation to them but didn't want them to go the journey like too many did and still continue to do so, where were the locals back then eh??? Where were the hundreds who watch now back then??? No where they did not care, they did not care till money was pumped in and you could go see Julio arca, now best of luck to pontelands father and to shields flying the flag for the north east I hope they go on n on and achieve what they want but I won't forget where the bandwagon jumpers were when the club needed them and it definitely wasn't mariners park
I understand your points mate and they arguably are valid
Sadly that’s football and you can’t really change it, some success generally yields greater following- I agree with you though that many were not there back in the day (some of that can be explained by the fact we were in Peterlee and a bit of a hike away)
Nonetheless hope it doesn’t put you off a great deal and that you come back next season

I can remember going to Roker Park when we averaged less that 18,000. Do you feel the same about the additional fans we've got now?

I'm hovering over the 'PAY' button as we speak. Just waiting for confirmation on numbers
are the corporate options any good?
Corporate is very good (for our level, don’t expect a SoL type box) with a nice suite and decent food
Balcony always a good bet too which is where I go with my old man, best view in the house although can get busy

I can remember going to Roker Park when we averaged less that 18,000. Do you feel the same about the additional fans we've got now?
Was the club ever 24 hours from being gone and needing every bit of income possible?? In the 80's with the roker end crumbling still people turned up despite the financial struggle of the club it had fans to rely on, Ive been roker with less than 12,000 but financially it was stable, when the club has needed the fans they have been there above and beyond none more so than the season just finished, can the same be said for shields, clubs grow and aforementioned I wish shields every success but no more of my hard earned will go to them

Was the club ever 24 hours from being gone and needing every bit of income possible?? In the 80's with the roker end crumbling still people turned up despite the financial struggle of the club it had fans to rely on, Ive been roker with less than 12,000 but financially it was stable, when the club has needed the fans they have been there above and beyond none more so than the season just finished, can the same be said for shields, clubs grow and aforementioned I wish shields every success but no more of my hard earned will go to them

It's all relative.

It was 13 at Peterlee and you are now one of dozens I have come across who claimed to be there ...I even had a North Shields Gremlin claiming he was one of them when he tried to nick my flag.. Ive got a good mate who was actually there and he named another 11...youre the missing link!

I understand your points mate and they arguably are valid
Sadly that’s football and you can’t really change it, some success generally yields greater following- I agree with you though that many were not there back in the day (some of that can be explained by the fact we were in Peterlee and a bit of a hike away)
Nonetheless hope it doesn’t put you off a great deal and that you come back next season
More than a bit of a hike Ponty...inaccessible via public transport

Last edited:
It was 13 at Peterlee and you are now one of dozens I have come across who claimed to be there ...I even had a North Shields Gremlin claiming he was one of them when he tried to nick my flag.. Ive got a good mate who was actually there and he named another 11...youre the missing link!

More than a bit of a hike Ponty...inaccessible via public transport
Thank god for Bede metty :lol:

Back