South Northumberland

Status
Not open for further replies.

This South Northumberland CC love affair with Durham CCC.When did it start? At a guess I would say not whilst they were playing minor counties cricket.You boring bastards ( Northumberland) never had any interest in making a game of it against Durham.Bat first if possible then bat until the cows come home.Without checking,in the era I started watching Durham in the minor counties you had decent players in Graham,Pearson and Youllis.You bored the fuckin pants of everyone Support your local team/county and fuck off with your recent love for Durham CCC.
Where were you when you ( Northumberland ) were shit.
I should support Newcastle going off that logic then.

Says everything about what has happened to local cricket.

Just makes me laugh, can't help thinking how much stick anybody involved in a local cricket club would normally get if they referred to themselves as a chief executive.

Looks like South Northumberland with all the money they have taken local cricket to a different level that has never been seen before.

Just makes me laugh, can't help thinking how much stick anybody involved in a local cricket club would normally get if they referred to themselves as a chief executive.

Looks like South Northumberland with all the money they have taken local cricket to a different level that has never been seen before.
'with all the money'.Until a more wealthy club come around.

No they dont but when the club or business is worth >£3 million they may think differently to your village club

That's what I thought local cricket clubs was all about, the village and the community at least they were in the past.

Guess times change, maybe that's why some teams have been refused entry into the NEPL, or that the league have a electronic scoreboard as one of its quite farcial criteria to enter the league, as players who are involved in a club that is worth 3 million can't be seemed to lower themselves by just playing on a village cricket field, must have all the trimmings to go with it!

That's what I thought local cricket clubs was all about, the village and the community at least they were in the past.

Guess times change, maybe that's why some teams have been refused entry into the NEPL, or that the league have a electronic scoreboard as one of its quite farcial criteria to enter the league, as players who are involved in a club that is worth 3 million can't be seemed to lower themselves by just playing on a village cricket field, must have all the trimmings to go with it!
That's why they are hated by every club in the NEPL.All that money to do no more than make the numbers up in the league last season.

That's why they are hated by every club in the NEPL.All that money to do no more than make the numbers up in the league last season.
Hated by everyone? Really? I guess you are just going off speaking to a couple of people for that opinion.

Everytime i have been there to play or watch, very pleasent people, good setup and an enjoyable place to play cricket.

I have nothing against South Northumberland as such, but think local cricket has lost its soul when it's talking about Chief Executives and diffrent criterias just to enter a league ,as that's not what village local cricket clubs is about for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back