South America

Any advice on how to sort out tickets to an Argentine football match? In the country for a month and fancy catching a few. Pricy? Best atmosphere?

Camera attached to the wrist?
Probably not.

Where we went you were rammed in huge crowds outside the game. You were so close to other people you'd never know if camera was cut from wrist or not. My husband had a hanky knicked from one pocket and a copy passport from his other pocket. Never felt a thing.

Just booked Machu Picchu!

Additionally, has anyone been to Ecuador? We have to travel through and I'm shitting myself about it after reading the government travel advice...

Additionally, has anyone been to Ecuador? We have to travel through and I'm shitting myself about it after reading the government travel advice...

Which route are you taking in to Machu Picchu?

Regarding Ecuador, never been, but the main issues are around the Colombian border, aren't they? (you're going to say you're going over land from Colombia now)

Ram the tourists shite charly base Us10$ a gram and birds you could only dream about. Unless you're into sight seeing them machu picchu or if fealing adventurous the Brazilian favelas

I had no problems going through Ecaudor to be honest. I thought Guayaquil & Quito were both fine. Cotapaxi & Riobamba were canny (the Devil's Nose Train, wasn't as good as expected though). Latacunga had the excellent Laguna Quilotoa.

I think you'll like it as much as any other country besides Argentina or Brazil.

Only thing was the border crossing with Colombia, just avoid anyone offering taxi services, other than than most of the troubles when I went were on the Colombia/Venezuela border, and I had no real issues doing that either to be honest.

Which route are you taking in to Machu Picchu?

Regarding Ecuador, never been, but the main issues are around the Colombian border, aren't they? (you're going to say you're going over land from Colombia now)
Yep. :lol: There is one route which is 'safe' which we will be taking but still... I'd like to skip it, in fairness.

Right, sorted from Colombia to Lima by plane. Going to work our way down Peru quite quickly into Bolivia as we will return there in March prior to me leaving. Thinking about using bus to Huacachino and Arequipa before Copacabana for Lake Titicaca. Any other suggestions for stops in between Lima and La Paz?

Back