South Africa v England T20s

Is it on talent alone, but if you paying high wages in anything you want a return with performance on a regular basis.

Unfortunately for Wood through no fault on his own he has been injured too much, so understandably his contract might not reflect someone who will play more.

Totally disagree

He was fit all summer mate, he just won them the series n South Africa, hasn't been injured sinc the ODIs there

We have India and Australia where we lost 8.0 combined last time, flat pitches

He will likely be involved in all if fit

90+ bowlers are like absolute gold, you look after them more than any other cricketer

They seem to look after Archer alright, but not Wood, even though he is quicker.

Its ridiclous mismanagement, and I suspect unless they do something they will lose him to franchise cricket.

How can anyone justify paying Wood a third of an opening batsman who averages 32 :lol:

Last edited:

Their board is shockingly bad. Worse than the WICB have ever been
They keep sacking them all even before they get their hands in the Till
When, think it was Buttler, was on about having more freedom than in the summer and the bubble being a totally different experience I did think at the back of my mind it didn’t t sound particularly secure
Different “ball” game here though mate.
The grounds used both had hotels within the confines of the actual complex

Last edited:
Totally disagree

He was fit all summer mate, he just won them the series n South Africa, hasn't been injured sinc the ODIs there

We have India and Australia where we lost 8.0 combined last time, flat pitches

He will likely be involved in all if fit

90+ bowlers are like absolute gold, you look after them more than any other cricketer

They seem to look after Archer alright, but not Wood, even though he is quicker.

Its ridiclous mismanagement, and I suspect unless they do something they will lose him to franchise cricket.

How can anyone justify paying Wood a third of an opening batsman who averages 32 :lol:

Don’t think anyone is justifying anything, you still not getting it, you surely can’t be blinded by the fact that it’s glaringly obvious why he has not got the contract others have.

A child could work out it’s his injury record which you not recognising in the slightest?

All you doing is is keep repeating what everybody knows in that Wood when fully fit is a tremendous bowler and of course 90+ bowlers all like gold dust, and of course if you and I know that, then they do too.

You seem to suggest they picking on him personally which is complete nonsense, any fool can see that a fully fit and firing Wood would be a massive asset to England including the England set up.

But at the same time when giving anybody a contract in any industry you have to assess whether you will get value for money, and it somebody’s previous injury record is terrible, then of course that is a factor in deciding pay and contracts, and simply can’t believe you can’t see that or that you simply ignoring that fact.

Of course a fully fit Wood is a better cricketer than a fully fit Burns and of course a fully fit Wood would get more pay and better contract than a fully fit Burns if all things equal.

Tow England players have now tested positive

Wouldn’t blame them if they sacked off SL and India in the new year as well after this experience

Tow England players have now tested positive

Wouldn’t blame them if they sacked off SL and India in the new year as well after this experience
Sounds like a shambles of a bubble. Maybe they'll be able to immunise the touring party before the SL and India tours, you can bet they'll be reviewing what the bubbles will consist of though.

Back