South Africa v England T20s

Morgan has played more than enough t20s by now, that any situation there maybe, he has seen.

analytics bloke doing it apparently. I bet it looks great on a flip chart pre match but when on the field, it’s down to the players to react to any situation that occurs.

3-0 so I feel the players are doing exactly that.

By the way, I had an alert stating Malan has gone to 915 points in the t20 rankings, the highest of any player in t20 history to date

I don’t mind what Morgan did in NZ personally. Probably got more press than needed but was to stress that the team always comes first, not the individual. A bit like the All Black “no dickhead” rule.

Yesterday I think Malan simply miscounted and then tied himself in knots in his interview
I find it odd that Morgan was being innovative before we won the world cup and now he's just trying to satisfy his ego. He's just continually trying things to get an edge, and if it doesn't work (like that last over in the summer) so be it, we've found out outside of a world cup.

I don’t mind what Morgan did in NZ personally. Probably got more press than needed but was to stress that the team always comes first, not the individual. A bit like the All Black “no dickhead” rule.

Yesterday I think Malan simply miscounted and then tied himself in knots in his interview

"I knew there were five (balls of the over) left but I don't know how it was going to go down if I turned down a single,"

We all know what he was referring to. While I think Morgan was right to rebuke him for refusing the bye in NZ, dropping him was petty and unprofessional.

"I knew there were five (balls of the over) left but I don't know how it was going to go down if I turned down a single,"

We all know what he was referring to. While I think Morgan was right to rebuke him for refusing the bye in NZ, dropping him was petty and unprofessional.
Yeah. But then he said he miscounted. Was all a bit confused

agree fully on your second paragraph

The team should always come first, simple as that, before any personal landmarks, could not agree more.

All this wait till he gets a hundred when sometimes considering declaring in test matches, should not even be considered.

The captain and the players no matter what mshould always put the team first,

The team should always come first, simple as that, before any personal landmarks, could not agree more.

All this wait till he gets a hundred when sometimes considering declaring in test matches, should not even be considered.

The captain and the players no matter what mshould always put the team first,

It was utter nonsense like, it wasn't even what happened. It was purely to make himself look good, rather than any grand point.

The team comes first yeah, unless you are picking Mark Wood.
Anyway, anyone think Malan should be in the ODI squad?

Seems strange he isn't?

As a total seperate point, and not related to his T20 form, I'd 100% take him to the Ashes, he is an excelent player of quick bowling. I really hope he goes on that tour, more than likely as a reserve but say if Sibley or Burns have a nightmare, which I think they could, I'd say he is the best man to come in at number 3, with Crawley going a place higher.

Smith isn't a fan though

Last edited:
It was utter nonsense like, it wasn't even what happened. It was purely to make himself look good, rather than any grand point.

The team comes first yeah, unless you are picking Mark Wood.
Anyway, anyone think Malan should be in the ODI squad?

Seems strange he isn't?

As a total seperate point, and not related to his T20 form, I'd 100% take him to the Ashes, he is an excelent player of quick bowling. I really hope he goes on that tour, more than likely as a reserve but say if Sibley or Burns have a nightmare, which I think they could, I'd say he is the best man to come in at number 3, with Crawley going a place higher.

Smith isn't a fan though

Not a bad shout, he batted well there last time we toured

Remember Alex Tudor, who was never a batsmen of any quality was on 99 and Thorpe chose to finish the game, in a test match?

cant remember offhand if Tudor and Thorpe were both at Surrey back at that time?

Bairstow, Roy (big series), Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, S Curran would be my top 7. I like Roy but he hasn't been in any form since he got Ashes gig, Crawley and Malan would be my next in line.

but Buttler and stokes going home aren’t they? Or did I get that wrong

my prediction is that medium to long term that Crawley will open with bairstow, I think he’s the biggest talent in the country potentially

then when he’s settled in test side Pope to be first back up replacing Billings n eventually to take over Morgan

7 is key yeah, I’d have Ali in t20 team every game but Curran is a good shout but he needs to become a consistent scorer or he’s number 8

I was just wondering who was playing ahead of Buttler n stokes,

but Buttler and stokes going home aren’t they? Or did I get that wrong

my prediction is that medium to long term that Crawley will open with bairstow, I think he’s the biggest talent in the country potentially

then when he’s settled in test side Pope to be first back up replacing Billings n eventually to take over Morgan

7 is key yeah, I’d have Ali in t20 team every game but Curran is a good shout but he needs to become a consistent scorer or he’s number 8

I was just wondering who was playing ahead of Buttler n stokes,
:lol: oops.....er.....that would be my first choice line up. BBC says Stokes, Archer and Curran missing, no mention of Buttler. So, Billings and Gregory I guess will replace those two in my line up.

Back