South Africa v England 3rd Test - Port Elizabeth

TopCat

Striker
Sounds like Wood is in line for a recall. Archers appears to be struggling

Should we worry that Archer has had 2 injuries in his short test career already? Is Root to blame for over using him?

More importantly - is anyone off here going to PE?

Sounds like Wood is in line for a recall. Archers appears to be struggling

Should we worry that Archer has had 2 injuries in his short test career already? Is Root to blame for over using him?

More importantly - is anyone off here going to PE?

@NorthCountryBoy is already in position for this one.

Some lads I know turned up to Gatwick earlier to find their flight had been cancelled.

They are rebooked out of Heathrow tmrw.
Their internal from Joburg to PE is obviously up the spout.

@NorthCountryBoy is already in position for this one.

Some lads I know turned up to Gatwick earlier to find their flight had been cancelled.

They are rebooked out of Heathrow tmrw.
Their internal from Joburg to PE is obviously up the spout.

What a pisser.

Ground looks tremendous, just hope the band don’t play the same song all day. 3,000 English expected vs 8,000 at CT.

Wood for Jimmy the only change for me. Hope they’re not tempted to drop Bess after Denly got 2 wickets.

What a pisser.

Ground looks tremendous, just hope the band don’t play the same song all day. 3,000 English expected vs 8,000 at CT.

Wood for Jimmy the only change for me. Hope they’re not tempted to drop Bess after Denly got 2 wickets.
If Archer is fit, then Wood and Archer for Jimmy and Bess could give some real pace to the attack with Denly and Root covering the spin options

Last edited:
Bess bowling at 2 an over gave Root a lot of control in the Saffa first innings last time. Dropping him would be a dreadful decision imo
Yeah, fair point. Depends on the pitch I suppose. A lot of chat pre series was that not many (if any) of the pitches in SA were conducive to spin. Cape Town apart of course

Should walk this. Batting first, 450+. Faf looks all at sea. Playing a 30yo+ debutant and letting him bowl before the number 4 ranked bowler in the world. :confused:

Could be handy having Denly and Root here. Pitch looks as dead as dodo.

Dry as owt, already returning on the bounce to scuff up the ball.

So reverse with the old ball and a minefield on days 4 and 5.....

Back