South Africa in danger of ban from international cricket

They no longer have a quota system?
Definitely a more egalitarian one than the one they used until 1970, which it sounds like you approved of, and sad that it's still considered necessary as a result of the hideous system in operation for decades.

None of South Africa's matches from the apartheid era should have test match status, as it wasn't a properly representative national side.

Definitely a more egalitarian one than the one they used until 1970, which it sounds like you approved of, and sad that it's still considered necessary as a result of the hideous system in operation for decades.

None of South Africa's matches from the apartheid era should have test match status, as it wasn't a properly representative national side.
So they still pick people based on skin colour. Thought so.

So there is no longer a quota system? Is that what you’re saying?
Are you saying you're genuinely angry that they guarantee 18% of the starting XI for 75% of the population? Are you genuinely ignorant of why that's even a problem or that they still need to do it? There's a reason for it, and I think you seem to be more sympathetic of the apartheid system, which had what justification exactly?

Are you saying you're genuinely angry that they guarantee 18% of the starting XI for 75% of the population? Are you genuinely ignorant of why that's even a problem or that they still need to do it? There's a reason for it, and I think you seem to be more sympathetic of the apartheid system, which had what justification exactly?
If you're asking Jardine if he's ignorant, I can answer for you - yes he is.

Yes, he's incredibly ignorant. He probably thinks Apartheid is a cocktail bar in Newcastle.

He's also just back from a ban for potentially defaming someone. Through wilful and proud ignorance of the facts.

Last edited:
I see their governing body for rugby are in trouble too. Amateur rugby was stopped due to the pandemic, but a tournament went ahead which they claim was without their knowledge. One of the players broke his neck and died. :eek:

Back