Soup-maker

Don’t get these. Why would anyone need a hand to make soup?

Must be the same people who buy peeled potatoes, chopped onions and lazy garlic.

Bought ower lass one for Christmas ( I know I know. I do spoil her) and it’s used a few times every month. She loves it and she did ask for it. I personally don’t like the meat soups but the veg ones are lovely.
Wish I’d tried veg soup. Tell us more about these exotic flavours mate?

:lol:
Mrs LM(no) wants to buy a soup-maker.
I like eating soup but my initial thoughts are that it's just more kitchen clutter.
Anyone got one?
Any good?
f***ing hell, deja vous, discussing this at graft last nite with my 18 stone of pure muscle brute of a man work mate. He has been getting the morphy richards one and had a chunky vegetable soup last night. Looked and smelt fantastic. Anyway i am going to get one. Nowt better than getting paid and discussing kitchen appliances with your work mates:lol::lol::lol:

Must be the same people who buy peeled potatoes, chopped onions and lazy garlic.

Because it only takes half an hour and you do not have to keep checking it would be my guess.

Because it only takes half an hour and you do not have to keep checking it would be my guess.
It is impossible for a soup maker to cook veg any quicker than in a pan. It is essentially a pan with an element and a blender attached to the pan lid. You’ll still have to sauté your veg and season it so you can’t really just fuck off and leave it. I fail to see any benefit whatsoever to these things over a pan and blender.

It is impossible for a soup maker to cook veg any quicker than in a pan. It is essentially a pan with an element and a blender attached to the pan lid. You’ll still have to sauté your veg and season it so you can’t really just fuck off and leave it. I fail to see any benefit whatsoever to these things over a pan and blender.
Doff my cap to your superior kitchen skills gordon;);) i just read the reviews and basically said hoy ya veg and stock in, half an hour later. Voila.

You can sauté in the instant pot then change the program to pressure cook it and save time.

You can sauté in the instant pot then change the program to pressure cook it and save time.
Had a look. Just seen the surface area of heat Is the size of the bottom of a kettle. That’s no use. Let’s face it how many times do you think ‘I need fresh cooked soup and fast’

It’s gonna end up in a cupboard and unused.

Instant pot maybe would get used.

Had a look. Just seen the surface area of heat Is the size of the bottom of a kettle. That’s no use. Let’s face it how many times do you think ‘I need fresh cooked soup and fast’

It’s gonna end up in a cupboard and unused.

Instant pot maybe would get used.
Instant pot is a 6 litre pot with about a 7-8” diameter. Great invention.

Not just veg in general. The potato and leak for instance is better than the chicken.
Veg stock is better than chicken stock in most too. We haven’t found a meat based soup in the soup maker that has made us want to do it again. Roasted pumpkin is amazing

Back