Soundproofing

Have to tried one of those window vacs the the window condensation. You can pour it straight away then. Using an old towel then drying it on a radiator just creates a cycle.

Oh shut up man, I'm going to try earplugs and look into paying to get that window replaced myself with either acoustic glass or triple glazing.

Mrs Pop wears ear plugs every night and hears her alarm, the dog barking in the kitchen on a morning and me snoring!

They don’t block out all noise, just take the edge off. We use our phones as alarms and the vibration wakes me up more than the alarm.

We used to put a fan on when we lived in the city centre to block out the trains, traffic and people. Worked pretty well and when we moved out of the city I struggled to sleep for a while without the white noise even though it was silent.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can soundproof my bedroom window ? I was woken last night by someone either talking on the phone or to someone else next to my house last night (and it'll happen more often in the summer when it turns into party central round here with folks in their gardens etc).
The window is a crappy single glazed one and I'm getting really down as when I get woken up I'm on edge and struggle to get back off to sleep :cry:.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated apart from "brick it up", "go down and tell them to move or kick them in the fanny", or "move house" and the likes :lol:.
Not being flippant, but in the meantime get some decent earplugs; loads to choose from on Amazon and eBay.

If you've not worn them before, make sure you insert them correctly. They make a hell of a difference if you get the right ones for you.

Back