Soundproofing Foam

Best thing is to learn to live with things, it is what travelling to other places is all about. :)
There's a difference with putting up with stuff for a short period of time and on a daily basis, though. The level of noise and the lack of sound proofing means it is impossible to unwind after work and I'm finding it hard to drift off to sleep too. My apartment is easily the nicest one I found in a city of horrible accommodation, but if I'd have known about the noise there I'd not have moved in. No way out of the contract either, as it's paid in six month lumps.

Tbh I don’t think a small piece of foam is going to do much, sound will take the path of least resistance, you’ll need to look at all sound paths at your house to reduce it effectively.

Weiterleitungshinweis
It'll help, I think. I had a towel draped over the window and it made things a bit better so this should make a bigger benefit. I also have soundproofing tape to attach it now, so I'm hoping that will also help. I wear earplugs too so hopefully they all work together to reduce the racket. My landlord isn't too bad a bloke, either, so he's promised to refit the windows in my room when I get back. Seriously, though, never been to a place as noisy and I'm fairly well travelled. Trust me to end up living there when I'm so sensitive to noise. :lol:

Back