Sore knees after running

Why? I'm sure they're a great shoe for the people whose running style they suit but do they suit yours?

"The Brooks Asteria is a road running shoe designed for racing and uptempo training. It delivers reliable support and speed with a light feel. This is best for mild pronators."

So they're for mild pronators, is that you?

This also makes them sound more like a shoe for an experienced runner looking to beat a pb than a shoe suitable for someone still building up their pace & endurance.
I filled in the questionnaire on the Brooks site which took in a lot of different factors. It's in the link Dan provided. They were the suggestion for the most suitable shoes based on my answers. I have no idea if they are, but that's what the site suggested.

I filled in the questionnaire on the Brooks site which took in a lot of different factors. It's in the link Dan provided. They were the suggestion for the most suitable shoes based on my answers. I have no idea if they are, but that's what the site suggested.
I never read about them. If you need mild support, then brooks ravenna may be better. But try them on and different brands.

Any probable cause and any suggestions to prevent soreness?
Ran again yesterday. Knees worse than ever. Gonna try track at Silky next time and see if surface is the issue. If I still have issues might just have to knock it on the head, unfortunately.
Stating the obvious a bit here, but, if you're new to running then it WILL hurt at first. All exercises will. Your joints, muscles and tendons aren't used to running. You can't just decide to start running one day and expect it not to hurt like a bitch.

Try a few short 10-min jogging sessions for a few weeks before doing any serious running. Ease yourself into it.

Stating the obvious a bit here, but, if you're new to running then it WILL hurt at first. All exercises will. Your joints, muscles and tendons aren't used to running. You can't just decide to start running one day and expect it not to hurt like a bitch.

Try a few short 10-min jogging sessions for a few weeks before doing any serious running. Ease yourself into it.
Was running longer distances a few weeks ago without issue, so something has obviously changed. No idea what, though.

Was running longer distances a few weeks ago without issue
Maybe it's now taking its toll and catching up with you. If you only started running 2 months ago then it's gonna hurt some days, even if you were fine last week. Think about taking a rest for a week before spending £100 on some shit trainers you'll never use.

Maybe it's now taking its toll and catching up with you. If you only started running 2 months ago then it's gonna hurt some days, even if you were fine last week. Think about taking a rest for a week before spending £100 on some shit trainers you'll never use.
Oh, anyone who knows me will be aware that I won't throw down loads of cash for something unless it is absolutely necessary. :lol: I'll keep the trainers in mind, however, if rest and relaxation doesn't do the trick.

Back