Sony speaker wire

Where's these £100 power leads then ?
Surely decent kit or otherwise comes with one ?

All hifi comes with power cables as far as I'm aware. When I'm back on a PC instead of this daft iPad thing I'll find some links for you for the expensive ones.

They're such a waste of money.

All hifi comes with power cables as far as I'm aware. When I'm back on a PC instead of this daft iPad thing I'll find some links for you for the expensive ones.

They're such a waste of money.

I googled this through curiousity and you were underestimating costs :-

This one is 249 quid

AudioQuest Monsoon Mains Power Cable

The you have this one for 799 quid

AudioQuest Tornado Source Mains Power Cable

Then for 1200 quid

Tellurium Q Silver Mains Power Cable

And to top the lot 4999 quid...

AudioQuest Dragon High Current Mains Power Cable

Or if you want the 5m one then it is 20,999 pounds..........

Interestingly the best selling one on that site is 34.99 - still way too much IMO. It would seem there are a lot of rich and stupid people in the world.

I googled this through curiousity and you were underestimating costs :-

This one is 249 quid

AudioQuest Monsoon Mains Power Cable

The you have this one for 799 quid

AudioQuest Tornado Source Mains Power Cable

Then for 1200 quid

Tellurium Q Silver Mains Power Cable

And to top the lot 4999 quid...

AudioQuest Dragon High Current Mains Power Cable

Or if you want the 5m one then it is 20,999 pounds..........

Interestingly the best selling one on that site is 34.99 - still way too much IMO. It would seem there are a lot of rich and stupid people in the world.

Jesus Christ. Yep, some serious con artist companies out there. Even worse than the last time I checked!

I used to work for EMI at Abbey Road and Olympic Studios as a techie. As you can probably imagine, we had some of the most expensive gear on the planet for recording the absolute top end most well-produced music you can buy at the pinnacle of audio quality, and every single piece of gear in both studios was using bog standard moulded power cables worth a couple of quid each.

Why the muppets who buy these things expect they'll get a better sound by changing their power cables, I'll never know.

I find it truly scary that people would actually pay best part of 40k for a power lead and speaker leads for a Hifi System, how much must the kit they are using them with be.

No idea. It's been a while since I looked into the highest top end hifi gear.

Back when I was more up to date with it, these were some of the most expensive hifi amps you could buy...
Krell High-End Audio Equipment and Amplifiers - Oxford Audio Consultants Ltd

Presumably if folks are paying 40k for a power lead, there must now be some hifi gear out there that makes these look cheap.

It's barmy when you consider that the amps powering the speakers in the studio the music was recorded in probably cost 4k tops, using speaker cable worth a maximum of about a tenner a metre. :lol:

FFS after clicking this link to read it, guess what I'm now having advertised to me at the top of the page on the SMB :lol:

Last edited:

Back