Sony A200 users - help!

• Thread starter ThankHeavenForShed 7
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThankHeavenForShed 7

Went out taking pictures this evening with my Sony A200. It was fine for the first 10 minutes or so, but then it started making a weird noise and saying 'camera error' on the screen when I pressed the shutter button. The camera was frozen until I turned it off and turned it back on again. Sometimes this would fix it briefly, but other times I had to do it a few times before it started working again. Has anyone had this kind of thing happen before? Any idea what it could be?

i think im the only other sony user on here mate.

anyway iv'e never had that problem so cant really offer any real advice, have you googled the problem?

the only problem i have ever had was "card error", would occasionly have problems with my old CF memory card, would take a few shots and then the card would not be recognised, never lost any pics though as after a few on and off turns it would work again, but i did buy a new card and now have no probs.

the best thing i can suggest is that you join a couple of sony groups on flickr and ask the question there, the uk sony users group is very helpful, join it and ask them, i'm sure someone there will help ya..

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1014767@N20/

Cheers mate. I thought there my have been one or two others with an a200. I've looked on a few forums and nobody seems to have the exact problem. It's intermittent as well so it's harder to identify the problem.

I've had me a200 for nearly a couple of year now and never had any problems.
Like Clyde says, Google it and see what happens

I have an a300 so it'd be good to know if you manage to fix it, just in case! sorry but i've not had any problems myself, and the only thing i can think of would be to have a look for a firmware update, or maybe just restore it to the factory settings - could be something as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back