Sons of famous players

Gazzas nephew was playing for Whitley bay reserves, I seen him a few times and he wasn't great, probably just about good enough for the team. 'somehow he managed to get a trial for Rangers and surprise surprise they like him, he's there now on loan til may with the view to to permanent deal.
That's quite a jump!!

Arnór and Eiður Gudjőnsőn are the only father and son to play for a national football team during the same game, in a match on 24 April 1996 in which Iceland beat Estonia 3–0 in Tallinn. Arnór was 34 and Eiður was 17 at the time. Eiður came on as a second-half substitute for his father, so they never actually played together

I see Beckham's lads haven't bothered with footy (granted, they may be shite) but it's probably a case of avoiding being endlessly compared to your father who had a more-than-decent career.

Brian and Nigel, Brian played for us Nigel was born in Sunderland
Cryff and his lad Jordi
Chamberlins
Wright-Phillips
Didnt Daglish lad play for the mags?

Last edited:
I see Beckham's lads haven't bothered with footy (granted, they may be shite) but it's probably a case of avoiding being endlessly compared to your father who had a more-than-decent career.

Think Brooklyn’s actually pretty decent, charity game I know but had that ping his dad had...

See your point like

Brian and Nigel, Brian played for us Nigel was born in Sunderland
Cryff and his lad Jordi
Chamberlins
Wright-Phillips
Didnt Daglish lad play for the mags?

Aye Paul and he was gash...

Suppose sometimes it’s a case of who you know. Alex Bruce being the worst example. It’s why I want McNamee nowhere near our academy.

Christ me brother was an excellent player, me dad used to drop him at under 14 despite him scoring hat-tricks every week just to not show favouritism. Messr’s McNamee and Dickman could take a page out me da’s book tbh..,

Back