Sons of famous players

A not so famous one, I saw someone called dozzell on Ipswich's bench yesterday and wondered if it was the son of ex player Jason dozzell.

True story.

Gazzas nephew was playing for Whitley bay reserves, I seen him a few times and he wasn't great, probably just about good enough for the team. 'somehow he managed to get a trial for Rangers and surprise surprise they like him, he's there now on loan til may with the view to to permanent deal.

Not a footballer's son but since I heard it on Quest a few weeks ago I've been telling anyone who'll listen that Tyreece John-Jules at Lincoln is the son of Danny John-Jules, who played the Cat in Red Dwarf.

Not many people will listen.

Paulo Maldini's son recently made his debut for AC Milan. Paulo Maldini's dad also played for Milan.
Marcos Alonso's dad, Marcos Alonso, and his dad, Marcos Alonso, both played in Spain's top flight.

Last edited:
Not a footballer's son but since I heard it on Quest a few weeks ago I've been telling anyone who'll listen that Tyreece John-Jules at Lincoln is the son of Danny John-Jules, who played the Cat in Red Dwarf.

Paulo Maldini's son recently made his debut for AC Milan. Paulo Maldini's dad also played for Milan.
Marcos Alonso's dad, Marcos Alonso, and his dad, Marcos Alonso, both played in Spain's top flight.
Milan retired the number 3, and have said they will only bring it back for his son. Who chose to wear 98 on debut :lol:

I did wonder that about John-Jules but never checked it out :lol:
Milan retired the number 3, and have said they will only bring it back for his son. Who chose to wear 98 on debut :lol:
That is quite a reputation to live up to, think I'd swerve it too :)

Back