Sonny Rollins' New Year's Message

maybe if people just stopped being dicks. Never gonna happen, speaking from personal experience of course being a dick

You can't disagree with that message. Sadly we live in a shitty world where human life means nothing to the likes of Putin and Hamas.
And Zelensky and Netanyahu, and their US/UK enablers

This year will be harder than last year. It will, however, be easier than next year.
Jazz legend is still going strong at 93. I think he speaks for all of us:

I wish he did, I really do, but I'm not convinced he even speaks for half of us. The killing of, as long as its of the enemy, those who are perceived to be different, who disagree with us, live differently, Russians, Chinese, Muslims, Communists etc, seems to be acceptable and accepted in these sad times. Maybe it will take another World War to re-educate people on the impact, atrocities and devastations that war has on societies. They need not worry though, their rulers and leaders are busy working on this.

Last edited:
And Zelensky and Netanyahu, and their US/UK enablers

This year will be harder than last year. It will, however, be easier than next year.

I wish he did, I really do, but I'm not convinced he even speaks for half of us. The killing of, as long as its of the enemy, those who are perceived to be different, who disagree with us, live differently, Russians, Chinese, Muslims, Communists etc, seems to be acceptable and accepted in these sad times. Maybe it will take another World War to re-educate people on the impact, atrocities and devastations that war has on societies. They need not worry though, their rulers and leaders are busy working on this.
I’m not sure why people speak as tho it’s only within the current time period where humans have been killing humans for one reason or another. It’s been going on as long as humans have been in existence and, sadly, we haven’t evolved past it yet. Humans are both amazing and utterly shite.

Back