Songs sung by the drummer...

60 fabulous years old this year Marra. I literally cannot believe it. I still feel like a 40 year old mentality-wise, although the old body is starting to give a bit of gyp.
I'm 53 in a couple of months and I'm still daft as a brush marra. I can't see meself ever changing. Would love to see us actually win something before I shuffle off this mortal coil, owning the mags is boring now :lol:

There’s a band that tours around the southern states called Cowboymouth who have a lead singing drummer. Puts on a good show, he’s mental and demands audience participation and calls out people in the crowd if they aren’t standing, dancing, following his commands etc. - canny turn.

You've just reminded me of a '60s/70s band who used to work the CIU club circuit - Rue & the Rockets.

Rue was the drummer and lead singer.

For the oldies, The Dave Clark Five. Dave Clark, the leader of the band, was the drummer and iirc the vocalist. You may remember them for songs such as "Bits And Pieces" and "Glad All Over".

I think he only took lead until Mike Smith joined the band (the lad on keyboards).

Could be wrong though and will happily stand corrected.

Last edited:

Back