Someone tried to break into my house yesterday

And if you bray someone unconscious in your house, place a knife near them when the police arrive. Just make sure it isn't part of a set you have.

Or hoy them in the boot, go into a middle of the field dig a hole, bury them up to their necks, hoy some cow shit off them (don't shit yourself for DNA) then leave them

:lol:

There are gangs going around trying car doors and houses to see if anything is unlocked. If they find one, they take what they can.

We've had them here and neighbours with CCTV have shared footage.

I know my car has been tried as the boot lift cracked and I was opening the boot carefully as I kept forgetting to buy araldite. Came out one morning and it was ripped off completely so someone must have tried it.

I've been awake in the night and heard them try the garage door and the front door.

It's really scary laying in bed alone hearing someone trying to get in :neutral:

This happened to me about 10 year ago when my misses and eldest were on a trip to Holland, I heard the back gate open about 2am and then could hear someone in my garden, I went down in the dark as I wanted to catch the fecker, armed with a golf club I got into the kitchen nice and quietly and opened me back door, only to find 2 cops in me back garden, I was in me duds with a golf club in me hands ready to swing, had a quick chat with them and they were chasing a burglar who used my garden to get away.

Good post. The pigs will do absolutely nowt as technically no crime has been committed. If he is even spoken to at all he’ll just say he was pissed and was looking for his mate’s house or some bollocks like that.

When we were home I stayed at my mate’s house right off the Barnes roundabout. Nice area etc. Hadn’t got the hang properly of the key ring lock thingy on our rented car and might have inadvertently left it unlocked - one morning all the contents of the glove box were spread on the front seat. Luckily we’d left nowt on show and nowt to steal but these scratters are largely opportunists who probably go round trying every car door and many front and back doors in the entire neighbourhood on a rotation system till they get something worth stealing. Anything you can do against that - camera, ring doorbell, double door bolts, window locks, alarms, dog, motion light, inside lights on timers etc will all help to protect yourself and your property.

Nah they have seen the footage and know he was trying to gain access to anywhere open, he wasn't drunk but maybe on drugs but now they know he has stolen a bike and other things he may get more than a warning. When he is out I will let a few people decide as about 7 people want him!

Leave it to the police. It's not like he's targeting you or your family specifically, just some chancer and he won't return. Trying to extract revenge or anything will just bring trouble to your door, the very thing you want to avoid.
I've been burgled and found out who did it. An absolute fruit loop who was later involved in a car jacking on Durham Road. I just let the police sort it out, he's nothing to me and I'm nobody to him.

I agree with what you say but when you get home to find that some twat has been through your house flinging your stuff all over the place hunting for swag, it's hard not to take it personally. Even worse when you find out from the police that they had caught the scrote and that he had fenced your gold Rolex dress watch that your Da got you for your 21st birthday for £14 (this was in 1980).

anyone got any CCTV around their house? looked into it for me mam a few years back, was a good £400 for a basic set up.

looks at them dummy cameras aswel, think they are only £20 but look the part. not sure if they (or the real thing) are any deterrent?

a lad i know has little cameras in his house that are linked to wifi and he can watch them on his phone at work. he just watches the cat sleeping half the time. always thought that an alarm system linked to your phone would be good, so if the house alarm goes off, you get a notification on your phone, then if you have cameras in the house you can check whats going on straight away, and if someone is breaking in, then you can ring the police from where ever you are and potentially catch them in the act

Yes I have got some that hook up to the wifi and send signals to the phones, its a deterrent I know that much as I saw someone climb my fence last year to look into my back garden, he saw the cam and soon got down, and then soon got chased out of the area as I was about 50m away from him walking home when he peered over my fence

think i might get one. our lass will probably think it looks crap cos she knows its imitation but for a few quid it could potentially deter your house getting done over. our street is deadly quiet during the day. hardly any cars or anyone walking about

was the first thing i did when i moved into my new place. one at the back and one at the front. they don't look that bad up tbh and if it deters even one twat it's win win

I agree with what you say but when you get home to find that some twat has been through your house flinging your stuff all over the place hunting for swag, it's hard not to take it personally. Even worse when you find out from the police that they had caught the scrote and that he had fenced your gold Rolex dress watch that your Da got you for your 21st birthday for £14 (this was in 1980).
I get what you're saying but it's not personal, they would do it to anyone.
It was a massive inconvenience and I was annoyed at myself for a couple of things I could have done to mean they would have moved on elsewhere. It was the five year anniversary a couple of weeks back and my FB memories show that I was fannying on with insurance, waiting to get new windows fitted, having to buy a new car etc and it was a pain in the arse but I didn't take it personally.

I guess I don't own anything sentimental so maybe I would feel differently but I'm not phased by the 'they've been through your stuff' thing. God help anyone who's been raking through my undercrackers in the search for treasure.:lol:

Makes for interesting viewing. There's a couple of streets where they probably just have one house of wrong uns creating the problems.

Logon or register to see this image

The coppers are the real criminals.;)

Last edited:
This happened to me about 10 year ago when my misses and eldest were on a trip to Holland, I heard the back gate open about 2am and then could hear someone in my garden, I went down in the dark as I wanted to catch the fecker, armed with a golf club I got into the kitchen nice and quietly and opened me back door, only to find 2 cops in me back garden, I was in me duds with a golf club in me hands ready to swing, had a quick chat with them and they were chasing a burglar who used my garden to get away.

You say your drives from the tee have been crap lately ? Practice swings like. Mind that wouldn't work if it was a putter in your hand.

Hello officer, didn't happen to see where me ball went did ya by any chance?

In the words of Keegan I would just love it to catch a burglar trying to get into my house.

Would kick the living shit out of them

Mate of mine heard someone breaking into the shed in the middle of the night. He heard him as he was coming in off a night on the town. Walked up to the shed, picked up a spade and lamped him with it. Burglar was out cold.

Went to bed, woke in the morning and the burglar had fucked off.

Back