Someone tried to break into my house yesterday

Where abouts did this happen?

Where abouts on sea road is this? My missus keeps mentioning it but I wasn't sure if it was an urban myth.

I keep seeing people post on facebook about burglaries in the Fulwell area and the missus reckons it's the people at this half way house.

Behind Italian Kitchen in the new estate on Faber Road, he tried his luck across Thompson's Park way, was caught by a video doorbell near the Fulwell Windmill, nicked a bike and was then caught but hit my street just before.

anyone got any CCTV around their house? looked into it for me mam a few years back, was a good £400 for a basic set up.

looks at them dummy cameras aswel, think they are only £20 but look the part. not sure if they (or the real thing) are any deterrent?

a lad i know has little cameras in his house that are linked to wifi and he can watch them on his phone at work. he just watches the cat sleeping half the time. always thought that an alarm system linked to your phone would be good, so if the house alarm goes off, you get a notification on your phone, then if you have cameras in the house you can check whats going on straight away, and if someone is breaking in, then you can ring the police from where ever you are and potentially catch them in the act

Would be horrendous watching someone rifle through your gaff and there is nothing you can do about it.

Poliss probably wouldn't turn up.

Would be horrendous watching someone rifle through your gaff and there is nothing you can do about it.

Poliss probably wouldn't turn up.

i'd rather know though, at least you could do something about it immediately. i'd hate to come home to a smashed up house. could have been hours since it happened at it would be highly unlikely you'd get any stuff back.

We got our house robbed once, my father caught one of them going over the back fence, pulled him back in kicked the fuck out of him and got his pals name.

Next day his pal got arrested and we got the majority of the stuff back, the rest we managed to get back from Tynemouth market as the scratters used to try sell stuff cheap there. Luckily not much was stolen as they must have only just got in as we got back in.

Would have shit his pants though, my father wasn't much smaller then me so the lad must have thought he was home free once he was nearly over the fence :lol:

Out of interest, he isint staying at the end of sea road in the former Seawynds Guest House is he?

There has been a lot of opportunistic thefts from the SR6 9 area in recent weeks.

last house on right hand side if you're looking at the sea, obviously first on left looking from the sea. it's gable end collapsed a year ago
the former seawynds guest house 177 sea road

Last edited:
get a dig as some have posted isn't necessarily the answer, its been known for these bastards boot the dog all over ... But do have a weapon near the bed (the wifes anal destroyer doesn't count), anyone who comes into your house uninvited is fair game IMO

get a dig as some have posted isn't necessarily the answer, its been known for these bastards boot the dog all over ... But do have a weapon near the bed (the wifes anal destroyer doesn't count), anyone who comes into your house uninvited is fair game IMO
And if you bray someone unconscious in your house, place a knife near them when the police arrive. Just make sure it isn't part of a set you have.

At 3:25am a lad walks off the main street and tried to get in through my front door, failed as it was locked. He then walked all the way around and into my back garden and tried the back door, failed as it was locked.

Walked straight past our cars on the drive and then tried my next door neighbours back door and failed. He then walks across the street and tries the BMW Jeep car, which is also locked. He then carries on and tried about 5 other house doors and failed on every attempt.

Luckily, I know about this and have seen it as the lad two along has CCTV and he left the gates open so he knew to have a look.

Who goes around and tries there luck at 3:25am? The worrying thing is I now know who it is who done it as he was caught near Fulwell Windmill on ring.com video doorbell and I have his name and address.

What to do, what to do? I wouldn't normally be bothered but with having a little child in the house it makes me sick to think he could have easily got into my house if we were not locked or he tried a bit harder the little scroat.
Burglars.

looks at them dummy cameras aswel, think they are only £20 but look the part. not sure if they (or the real thing) are any deterrent?

at my old house my car got vandalized twice within a few weeks. some prick was walking up the street just taking off wing mirrors for the craic it seemed :rolleyes:

bought a dummy CCTV camera of Amazon for about £5. you wouldn't know it wasn't real from a distance. even close up you'd struggle tbh as had the 'wire' going into the wall and everything

never had any more bother like. was probably just a coincidence mind but made me feel better and the police even knocked on the door a few times before i moved asking if my 'camera' was recording and could they see the footage

Leave it to the police ? Sounds like the right thing to do, but what will happen ? Nothing. They might have a word with him, but if he's a thief, thats not going to stop him. You got an alarm ? Get one. Fit extra window and door locks. Be careful not to leave stuff on view in the car, or visible through your house windows. Draw the curtains. Don't take it for granted that they are all opportunist thieves. Some will return to try again. Speaking from experience here. When you go out at night, leave a light on, curtains shut. Weekend, if you go out, saturdays are worst (again, in my experience) for burgleries during the day. I used to do emergency repairs (doors,locks and windows) for a call-out agency, and the majority were Saturday day time.

Revenge is an option, but it has to be anonymous.
Good post. The pigs will do absolutely nowt as technically no crime has been committed. If he is even spoken to at all he’ll just say he was pissed and was looking for his mate’s house or some bollocks like that.

When we were home I stayed at my mate’s house right off the Barnes roundabout. Nice area etc. Hadn’t got the hang properly of the key ring lock thingy on our rented car and might have inadvertently left it unlocked - one morning all the contents of the glove box were spread on the front seat. Luckily we’d left nowt on show and nowt to steal but these scratters are largely opportunists who probably go round trying every car door and many front and back doors in the entire neighbourhood on a rotation system till they get something worth stealing. Anything you can do against that - camera, ring doorbell, double door bolts, window locks, alarms, dog, motion light, inside lights on timers etc will all help to protect yourself and your property.

at my old house my car got vandalized twice within a few weeks. some prick was walking up the street just taking off wing mirrors for the craic it seemed :rolleyes:

bought a dummy CCTV camera of Amazon for about £5. you wouldn't know it wasn't real from a distance. even close up you'd struggle tbh as had the 'wire' going into the wall and everything

never had any more bother like. was probably just a coincidence mind but made me feel better and the police even knocked on the door a few times before i moved asking if my 'camera' was recording and could they see the footage

think i might get one. our lass will probably think it looks crap cos she knows its imitation but for a few quid it could potentially deter your house getting done over. our street is deadly quiet during the day. hardly any cars or anyone walking about

Back