Someone tried to break into my house yesterday

At 3:25am a lad walks off the main street and tried to get in through my front door, failed as it was locked. He then walked all the way around and into my back garden and tried the back door, failed as it was locked.

Walked straight past our cars on the drive and then tried my next door neighbours back door and failed. He then walks across the street and tries the BMW Jeep car, which is also locked. He then carries on and tried about 5 other house doors and failed on every attempt.

Luckily, I know about this and have seen it as the lad two along has CCTV and he left the gates open so he knew to have a look.

Who goes around and tries there luck at 3:25am? The worrying thing is I now know who it is who done it as he was caught near Fulwell Windmill on ring.com video doorbell and I have his name and address.

What to do, what to do? I wouldn't normally be bothered but with having a little child in the house it makes me sick to think he could have easily got into my house if we were not locked or he tried a bit harder the little scroat.

At 3:25am a lad walks off the main street and tried to get in through my front door, failed as it was locked. He then walked all the way around and into my back garden and tried the back door, failed as it was locked.

Walked straight past our cars on the drive and then tried my next door neighbours back door and failed. He then walks across the street and tries the BMW Jeep car, which is also locked. He then carries on and tried about 5 other house doors and failed on every attempt.

Luckily, I know about this and have seen it as the lad two along has CCTV and he left the gates open so he knew to have a look.

Who goes around and tries there luck at 3:25am? The worrying thing is I now know who it is who done it as he was caught near Fulwell Windmill on ring.com video doorbell and I have his name and address.

What to do, what to do? I wouldn't normally be bothered but with having a little child in the house it makes me sick to think he could have easily got into my house if we were not locked or he tried a bit harder the little scroat.
He's looking for a German Shepherd.

Leave it to the police. It's not like he's targeting you or your family specifically, just some chancer and he won't return. Trying to extract revenge or anything will just bring trouble to your door, the very thing you want to avoid.
I've been burgled and found out who did it. An absolute fruit loop who was later involved in a car jacking on Durham Road. I just let the police sort it out, he's nothing to me and I'm nobody to him.

Parents had this before Christmas in the same area. Lad checking front, back and garage doors, climbing over 6ft fences anarl. Got in next doors garage via its back door and took some pizzas and wine from the fridge, but couldn't get them over the fence so left them the knacker.

Leave it to the police. It's not like he's targeting you or your family specifically, just some chancer and he won't return. Trying to extract revenge or anything will just bring trouble to your door, the very thing you want to avoid.
I've been burgled and found out who did it. An absolute fruit loop who was later involved in a car jacking on Durham Road. I just let the police sort it out, he's nothing to me and I'm nobody to him.
This. My missus works with some people who have been done for loads of burglaries and they are frightened of their own shadow.

Send the footage to the police. The y can prosecute with evidence. Shop the fucker

Burgle him repeatedly

Morning, Uncle Monty

Someone tried to break into my 93 year old grans bungalow a few weeks back, appears to have been a random thing as he failed to get in the back door so broke in next doors front window with a plant pot, sadly nextdoors wife has just had hip surgery so sleeps in a wheelchair next to the front window watching TV. The 80 year old husband has pushed woke up and pushed the lad back out the window, not before the lads stabbed him with some broken glass. The neighbours have moved back to Glasgow as they didn't feel safe here.......

If you have his name and address pay the little shit bag a visit

Leave it to the police ? Sounds like the right thing to do, but what will happen ? Nothing. They might have a word with him, but if he's a thief, thats not going to stop him. You got an alarm ? Get one. Fit extra window and door locks. Be careful not to leave stuff on view in the car, or visible through your house windows. Draw the curtains. Don't take it for granted that they are all opportunist thieves. Some will return to try again. Speaking from experience here. When you go out at night, leave a light on, curtains shut. Weekend, if you go out, saturdays are worst (again, in my experience) for burgleries during the day. I used to do emergency repairs (doors,locks and windows) for a call-out agency, and the majority were Saturday day time.

Revenge is an option, but it has to be anonymous.

Last edited:
There are gangs going around trying car doors and houses to see if anything is unlocked. If they find one, they take what they can.

We've had them here and neighbours with CCTV have shared footage.

I know my car has been tried as the boot lift cracked and I was opening the boot carefully as I kept forgetting to buy araldite. Came out one morning and it was ripped off completely so someone must have tried it.

I've been awake in the night and heard them try the garage door and the front door.

It's really scary laying in bed alone hearing someone trying to get in :neutral:

Back