Some people getting very carried away about winning today

Inclined to agree. Today was a game we simply had to win if we have any ambition of finishing top 2. Hanging on again. It’s not good enough.
So what do you want them to do, rather than defend well in difficult conditions to win the game and out us within 3pts of top 2, and you say it's not good enough, what do you want them to do roll over and lose the game?

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
Just enjoy the win man you brain fart

I’d argue those who were demanding a manager who has us one win off top spot were the ones getting carried away because we lost a few games.

It is absolutely mental like.

A month ago Doyle was going to play for City and England, we'd apparently had our best window in years, and we were a breath of fresh air, etc etc.

Then we had a run of tough away games and went on a poor run, which in a thread I created a few weeks ago showed that every team who got promoted from this division had at least one poor run themselves, sometimes two, and the whole thing had fallen to pieces. We were apparently worse than shite etc etc.

There are still people who want a manager out when we are 3 points off the top two with a game in hand on one of them, and who has a win percentage of 54% across 65 games with us. Every pre-game there's posts with "we have to win here or he needs to go."

It's beyond belief at times on here.

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
Given we have won 7/8 at home the evidence suggests we have a very good chance of a sizeable points haul in the next 3 games. On paper Oxford and Plymouth are difficult fixtures. Beat Oxford next week and we go joint top and suddenly things look rosier again.

I'm now of the opinion that we're showing signs of competence, if not brilliance. This a step up from the performances against Mansfield etc. that we've endured over the past few weeks. This is some sort of reason for optimism.

Pretty much the whole argument has been that we can't win in ugly conditions, that we fold under pressure etc.

Today has been the first step in disproving that. Not a finite solution, but a step in the right direction.

If “streaky” goes from losing 8/9 on the bounce after a good spell to losing 2/3 then going on another unbeaten run we will be in decent nick.

People happy at going from 1st to 5th . Our last home game we didn’t have a shot on target until after 80 minutes. On Tuesday we couldn’t beat 10 men. Today we are hanging on against a side 16th . Do we sound like a promotion team?

Do Wigan? Who drew at Cambridge just the other night. The mighty Rotherham, runaway title winners in the eyes of many, failed to win today. Wycombe failed to win today, the same Wycombe we've managed to beat this season.

Plymouth suddenly in 4th position, everybody was saying they were certain promotion contenders, yet they've lost their last 3 and we find ourselves 1 point behind them, having played 2 games less.

This league is so unpredictable, its league one. Its always been the case we've gained 7 points out of 9 in the past week, and yet its still not enough for you. Not even sure 9 points from 9 would be enough for you.

Wtf is it you want? We stand 3 points off top of league one, having played one game less. We aren't going to walk the league, no team is. Its becoming a much tougher league as the seasons go by. Let's just be happy that we've had an unbeaten week, and gained 2 wins from 3, while being unbeaten. Perhaps impossible for you, but it was absolutely key we remained uneaten this week, and we did just that.

Haway, we can do it, and we are simply well on course to do so. Support the lads.

Do Wigan? Who drew at Cambridge just the other night. The mighty Rotherham, runaway title winners in the eyes of many, failed to win today. Wycombe failed to win today, the same Wycombe we've managed to beat this season.

Plymouth suddenly in 4th position, everybody was saying they were certain promotion contenders, yet they've lost their last 3 and we find ourselves 1 point behind them, having played 2 games less.

This league is so unpredictable, its league one. Its always been the case we've gained 7 points out of 9 in the past week, and yet its still not enough for you. Not even sure 9 points from 9 would be enough for you.

Wtf is it you want? We stand 3 points off top of league one, having played one game less. We aren't going to walk the league, no team is. Its becoming a much tougher league as the seasons go by. Let's just be happy that we've had an unbeaten week, and gained 2 wins from 3, while being unbeaten. Perhaps impossible for you, but it was absolutely key we remained uneaten this week, and we did just that.

Haway, we can do it, and we are simply well on course to do so. Support the lads.
No one is very good or consistent, "streaky" Johnson can get us promoted yet. Let's see a few decent signings in the January window.

Is there a more bipolar forum on the Internet? Seems like some of our "fans" would rather us lose so they can moan about anything and everything. Were in the best position we've been in since we left the prem, get behind the team or fuck off you mag wankers

Fuck sake man. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's that we won I think it's that we were backs to the wall for the whole second half and played some good stuff when we could. The team that play today was makeshift. We have injuries and still picking up results. I'm LJ out myself but let's enjoy a win that the team grafted for.

Inclined to agree. Today was a game we simply had to win if we have any ambition of finishing top 2. Hanging on again. It’s not good enough.
I thought they battled well in the second half during awful conditions, which had deteriorated since the first half and that was backed up by the Cambridge commentators. The corners were the biggest concern due to the possibility of it flying into the back of the net with Hoffmann surrounded every time.

A game we simply had to win, and did, is not good enough. :rolleyes:
I don't think it's that we won I think it's that we were backs to the wall for the whole second half and played some good stuff when we could. The team that play today was makeshift. We have injuries and still picking up results. I'm LJ out myself but let's enjoy a win that the team grafted for.
This.

Last edited:
Whether Johnson is the man or not, I think the more pertinent issue now is what happens in January. Whoever is in charge, needs reinforcements in light of all the injuries. I'm interested to see how ambitious our owner really is

Maybe people being positive for a change

Back