Some of you lot on here

All fans all over the place are exactly the same...one small slip and it's doom and gloom. In my opinion having seen most of the top teams is that you lot are the best side and should go up as champs...this i don't mind as long as Wigan are 2nd. Beat Bolton and all is well in the world but that will not be easy...I was impressed by Bolton in the cup.

Lots of twists and turns yet and it will change week to week.

You offer no counter points because you’re not capable of an actual debate. That’s why you opened a thread calling people f***ing embarrassing because they’ve got a different opinion to you on a public message board. Have a think about it.
What counter points have you posted like apart from a video of 1 game. I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and imo this is the best football I've seen for a long time

Last edited:
What counter points have you posted like apart from a video of 1 game
I offered an initial counter point and would have went on to say I remember us up 3-0 at half time twice early part of the season around that time and we were that much dominant in both games we were almost bored in the stand as the other teams couldn’t compete with us.

Fair enough mate I'm not going to argue but then again I don't see them train every day. I know Johnson doesn't think alvez is ready to start yet reading an interview alvez done today

Aye that's fair enough. Its just what I'd of done. Johnson knows best I suppose. Just didn't work out today. Can't win em all.

I think it’s been entertaining this season. I’ve really enjoyed the games but for level of performance we are short of the best football we’ve seen in years in terms of absolute quality imo. If we blow a good team away I’ll reassess but until then.

'Not being anywhere near' like you said earlier is harsh.

Just looking (albeit on paper) at the line up from that Barnsley game, and we have better footballers in the team now I'd say. Admittedly we could have been five up by half time in that game.

Are a f***ing embarrassment . The same posters who have already made their minds up about LJ ages ago still try and stick the knife in as they seem so narrow minded despite the best start to a season for decades and some of the best football we've seen for years

Wether it's moaning about his subs despite winning or whinging about his tactics or picking up on anything he says in a press conference Why don't you give him credit for the football we're playing this season and the youthful exciting squad he's put together. Yes he'll make mistakes he'll make a load like any manager does but just let him get on with it man he's doing a fine job this season so far

This is a very young squad who will make loads of mistakes over the season but I'd rather have that then watch a load of old useless plodders bore me to death.

The club finally look like they have an exciting long term plan but it's going to have many bumps along the way and it's good Ng to take time.

The majority on here seem great lads and lasses and can see the path the club are trying to go down but a minority on here are absolutely clueless

Played 7 Won 5 Drawn 1 Lost 1
Could have a strong case here. Excellent start, tough league as they all are.

Keep saying when clubs can field at least 5 loan players it evens out the quality. Stick with it you are doing very well.
Hope this is your season.

I offered an initial counter point and would have went on to say I remember us up 3-0 at half time twice early part of the season around that time and we were that much dominant in both games we were almost bored in the stand as the other teams couldn’t compete with us.
I remember those games and as good as we were in the 1st half we were also shite in the second half.

You see, I see players like Neil, embelton Stewart, cirkin, Doyle, An exciting young hungry talented bunch and can see that on the pitch. This squad so far is so much more consistent than any I've seen for a long time

Last edited:
'Not being anywhere near' like you said earlier is harsh.

Just looking (albeit on paper) at the line up from that Barnsley game, and we have better footballers in the team now I'd say. Admittedly we could have been five up by half time in that game.
I wouldn’t say we are at a point of clear domination like where we were for me that is quality above the rest of the league. I thought we were sloppy today and short of what we have been doing.
I remember those games and I also remember we were shite in the second half.

You see, I see players like Neil, embelton Stewart, cirkin, Doyle, An exciting young hungry talented bunch and can see that on the pitch. This squad so far is so much more consistent than any I've seen for a long time
Maybe, I will see what happens and we all live in hope. We have back to back home games coming up so a good chance to build some more momentum. We need to start putting teams away and we really need to stop booting it forward in the last 10 minutes of games first imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah we’ve had a decent start but If people think we are going to walk the league they are mistaken... too many bipolar on here ...
There’s going to plenty more bad days, whether it’s a disappointing draw or god forbid a defeat.
But hopefully it’ll end with what we all want, but it won’t be a stroll in the park.

There will be many ups and downs with the open style of football that LJ wants. He's already said we need 3 goals a game.
I like watching us, which makes a pleasant change. However, the book is still out as to whether LJ will once again buckle under the strain. His half time or second half adjustments seldom produce the desired effect.

I’d argue that the posters who think losing a 2-0 lead against a team managed by Simon clipboard Grayson is acceptable are the bigger embarrassment.
Wigan have just leapfrogged us into first by taking their chances while we didn’t, but nevermind eh?

No, it's not. But it's nothing that hasn't happened before. I've seen us chuck away a 2=0 lead to Portsmouth at home when we were at that score going into injury time, and it was Younes Kaboul equalising. It's a long season. and shit will happen. Fuck me. the wet wipes are out in force tonight.

Back