Some of you lot on here

I was at Aldershot when we lost 3-2 in the 86/87 season. God knows what kind of Chernobyl that would have provoked now. Still didn't stop a canter to promotion. It's a 46 game season; shit will happen from time to time.
Especially as it was on the back of a 4-0 defeat to Bristol Rovers in the preceding midweek. I think they were at the foot of the table at the time.
Then Steve Berry scores a screamer to put Aldershot 3-2 up in, what can only be described as, a town park.
As you say, it ended up ok at the end of the season.

Especially as it was on the back of a 4-0 defeat to Bristol Rovers in the preceding midweek. I think they were at the foot of the table at the time.
Then Steve Berry scores a screamer to put Aldershot 3-2 up in, what can only be described as, a town park.
As you say, it ended up ok at the end of the season.
I was at Bristol Rovers.. what a shit day that was yet the season was superb.. that’s what people seem to forget.. a couple of games, good or bad, doesn’t define the team, the manager or the season.. everyone is entitled to an opinion but some people just can’t handle set backs.

I was at Bristol Rovers.. what a shit day that was yet the season was superb.. that’s what people seem to forget.. a couple of games, good or bad, doesn’t define the team, the manager or the season.. everyone is entitled to an opinion but some people just can’t handle set backs.
It was the same in the 105 point season. We lost 3 games in a week, Blackburn FA Cup, Leicester Milk Cup and the Watford. There were people moaning as we left, “that’s it, we’ve blown promotion.” “Reid has to go.”

I get the frustration, I get the pain, but there was moaning in the thread after 10 minutes of a 90 minute match, let alone the 11th game of a 46 game season.

I am more optimistic this year than I have been any season for a while, but I’m still waiting for the kick in the bollocks.

It was the same in the 105 point season. We lost 3 games in a week, Blackburn FA Cup, Leicester Milk Cup and the Watford. There were people moaning as we left, “that’s it, we’ve blown promotion.” “Reid has to go.”

I get the frustration, I get the pain, but there was moaning in the thread after 10 minutes of a 90 minute match, let alone the 11th game of a 46 game season.

I am more optimistic this year than I have been any season for a while, but I’m still waiting for the kick in the bollocks.
Oh it’s inevitable but I’ll complain about it then 😊

Back