Solksjaer...till end of season.

I think it’s a great appointment on a temporary basis. Lift the doom and gloom at the club and put a smile on a few faces. He knows the club and will keep the supporters onside.

Woodward is on record as saying one of the reasons Maureen got sacked is because he wouldn’t work with a Technical Director / DOF and that’s the route they obviously want to go down so it makes sense to make that appointment first then let them choose the head coach / manager.

Few big name managers are going to risk their reputation taking that shambles on for 6 months so you might as well get in people who know the club like Ole and Phelan and won’t be too proud to ask for a bit of help from Fergie.

Be crazy as a permanent solution but as an interim one I think it’s fine but only if they get the big appointments right in the summer.

Yer a great poster but i dont like that bit of help from Fergie line. Imo its trotted out about various folk who still milk a wage for too long. I cant think of what advice theyd ask of him.

Aye but football is a business. Wenger is the ideal fit. OGS is a ridiculous appointment just to appease the fans. Embarrassing for a club the size of Man Utd. Chelsea fans didn't like Benitez but he won them a European trophy
Wengers an old man. Appoint him and they’ll have the same problems in two or three years.

A caretaker to me means they’ve someone lined up for the summer. Someone who CANT go there now. It’s against the rules for a PL to take another PL clubs manager during the season. Poch or Howe.

It really is embarrassing. Embodies just how badly run they’ve been since Ferguson left.
The CEO David Gill announced his retirement as soon as Fergie announced his. He remembered the post Busby shitshow and knew a repeat was almost certainly on the cards.

And if Zizou says 'nah maybe at the end of the season, I'm taking a break and need to work on my English', it would make all the sense in the world to wait it out. It's not like they'll go down.
They’ll not want someone who needs a break every three years. Or who legs it when he finds out his best players leaving.

Last edited:
I don't know. I hope they lose every game.
Just there are plenty of reasons it could be a decent move mid-long term. It's not even like Solskjaer was particularly horrendous at Cardiff. They were rubbish when he got there, were rubbish while he managed them, then got relegated with a huge pile of debt and therefore got worse for a while.
He was shite man fhs

They are still in the champions league, fa cup and not to far from the top four

It’s only a fortnight since they beat juve away in the champs league. This is not a bad team, when motivated

Man Utd need a recognised top manager not an ex player who failed at Cardiff in management
They're bloody lightyears off the top 4. If they were the same amount of points of the top four in La Liga they'd be 19th.

They are still in the champions league, fa cup and not to far from the top four

It’s only a fortnight since they beat juve away in the champs league. This is not a bad team, when motivated

Man Utd need a recognised top manager not an ex player who failed at Cardiff in management

Fair comment re OGS although that was a very different job he faced at Cardiff. I still don’t really see that they have a lot to lose with this appointment - perhaps they want to have a close look at him with an eye on the future

Who gives a flying f*ck. A manager we have no association with of some bloody Midlands club.

As far as I know we have no contact with us and no relevance to the league we are in.

Leave the idolatory and the elitism to SKY and the BBC
Almost as if its the Pure Football forum :confused:

Why did you bother opening the thread?

Back