Solksjaer...till end of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh i don't really care but if I was them id just get Zidane and buy two decent defenders. Boom! Problems solved.

And if Zizou says 'nah maybe at the end of the season, I'm taking a break and need to work on my English', it would make all the sense in the world to wait it out. It's not like they'll go down.

Man U fans have got to get used to seasons of not winning everything. It is going to hurt them like hell when they do realise that they may not win anything for a few years. Shame

Man U fans have got to get used to seasons of not winning everything. It is going to hurt them like hell when they do realise that they may not win anything for a few years. Shame
But we’ve only come to watch United. :D

I want my trophy fix

You can’t compare Solskjær to heynckes mind. Not in the same universe on managerial experience and quality

Your comparison to solari is fair but Solskjær was a failure with Cardiff in the premier league and all the current Man Utd players obviously didn’t care for mourinho and will just play for Solskjær?

I don't know. I hope they lose every game.
Just there are plenty of reasons it could be a decent move mid-long term. It's not even like Solskjaer was particularly horrendous at Cardiff. They were rubbish when he got there, were rubbish while he managed them, then got relegated with a huge pile of debt and therefore got worse for a while.

I don't know. I hope they lose every game.
Just there are plenty of reasons it could be a decent move mid-long term. It's not even like Solskjaer was particularly horrendous at Cardiff. They were rubbish when he got there, were rubbish while he managed them, then got relegated with a huge pile of debt and therefore got worse for a while.
Irony being it’s Cardiff v Man Utd Saturday teatime

It's an interim appointment, they were never going to get a world class manager in December IMO. They appoint a club legend who the fans will never turn on, and the players will likely respect. All he really has to do is: Not be an asshole to the players/fans and not play Martial at left wing back and Pogba at CB.

Also not sure how fair it is to say he tanked at Cardiff as proof he's shite. He's done well in Norway, and I general think it's really hard to judge managers in terrible situation (which Cardiff were at the time). Same reason I don't hate/blame Chris Coleman, he did as well as he could with the shite squad and shambolic leadership he had. Not saying he's SAF, but I think most would say Sunderland wasn't mostly his fault (not saying he doesn't deserve any blame).

If this was a full time appointment, it'd be a shambolic one. But for a caretaker appointment, I think it's fine. I'm really just interested to see who they get in the summer. And if they finally sell off all the dross they have at that club.

It's an interim appointment, they were never going to get a world class manager in December IMO. They appoint a club legend who the fans will never turn on, and the players will likely respect. All he really has to do is: Not be an asshole to the players/fans and not play Martial at left wing back and Pogba at CB.

Also not sure how fair it is to say he tanked at Cardiff as proof he's shite. He's done well in Norway, and I general think it's really hard to judge managers in terrible situation (which Cardiff were at the time). Same reason I don't hate/blame Chris Coleman, he did as well as he could with the shite squad and shambolic leadership he had. Not saying he's SAF, but I think most would say Sunderland wasn't mostly his fault (not saying he doesn't deserve any blame).

If this was a full time appointment, it'd be a shambolic one. But for a caretaker appointment, I think it's fine. I'm really just interested to see who they get in the summer. And if they finally sell off all the dross they have at that club.
The comparison is Solskjær s record in the premier league, not Norway

As for club legends, that goes out of the window with a three or four game losing streak

Why should the players care if as you say they will finally sell all the dross at the end of the season?

That dross will now perform for Solskjær?

I think it’s a great appointment on a temporary basis. Lift the doom and gloom at the club and put a smile on a few faces. He knows the club and will keep the supporters onside.

Woodward is on record as saying one of the reasons Maureen got sacked is because he wouldn’t work with a Technical Director / DOF and that’s the route they obviously want to go down so it makes sense to make that appointment first then let them choose the head coach / manager.

Few big name managers are going to risk their reputation taking that shambles on for 6 months so you might as well get in people who know the club like Ole and Phelan and won’t be too proud to ask for a bit of help from Fergie.

Be crazy as a permanent solution but as an interim one I think it’s fine but only if they get the big appointments right in the summer.

The comparison is Solskjær s record in the premier league, not Norway

As for club legends, that goes out of the window with a three or four game losing streak

Why should the players care if as you say they will finally sell all the dross at the end of the season?

That dross will now perform for Solskjær?

Sure, but he's shown success somewhere, which I will always count for something. Like I said, the Cardiff situation was really bad. I guess we will just see how he does.

Maybe in some cases, but I don't see it this time. This is a lost season, he's temporary, and the fans know it. He would have to get them relegated or something to have them turn on him. I doubt the fans would care much if they finished 11th.

Because most of the dross will not be playing. The core of the team are mostly underperforming, not dross. The only dross that plays for them regularly is the back line. I don't consider most of their midfielders and forwards dross. As for not playing for the manager, that could happen with any caretaker. The players will know he's gone at the end of the season, but that would have been the case with any manager. I would think a former United player would gain their respect though. Don't forget he was a youth coach before, and has coached Pogba and Lingard before.

I think he can better out of most of the players than Mourinho could, but that's mostly just because he won't call their best players viruses and call them out in front of everyone. The atmosphere at that club is likely a lot better tonight than it was last night.

I have seen some journalists suggest Steve Bruce :lol:
It was always suggested he would one day get the chance, possibly a safer bet than Carrick and Soljskaer but they've made a few funny decisions since fergie left... The fuckers think they have a few devine right to be successful and with the money they've spent they should be
..... I would put Keano in.... Imagine him in a room with Pogba when he's come off the pitch with a half hearted display

Sure, but he's shown success somewhere, which I will always count for something. Like I said, the Cardiff situation was really bad. I guess we will just see how he does.
Plenty of managers have failed in their first job and bounced back. The guy that everybody thinks will be top of their list in Summer, Pochettino, got the bullet from Espanyol when they were anchored rock bottom of La Liga in his first job.

It was always suggested he would one day get the chance, possibly a safer bet than Carrick and Soljskaer but they've made a few funny decisions since fergie left... The fuckers think they have a few devine right to be successful and with the money they've spent they should be
..... I would put Keano in.... Imagine him in a room with Pogba when he's come off the pitch with a half hearted display
I think Roy Keane would actually murder Jesse Lingard and Paul Pogba lol

Are they ever happy about anyone? Seem very arsey when you have a pop at them then twist like fuck when they don't win everything in sight, nee time for them tbh.
They're still holding a grudge against us for being "disrespectful" when we did the Poznan six years ago ffs. Pathetic weasels who so rarely have to deal with adversity they fall to pieces at the vaguest perceived slight. Twats. Almost Liverpool levels of insecurity.

Last edited:
It’s a free hit, he will be cheap so they have nothing to lose cost wise. Personally I think they are fucked as a club competing at the top level for the forseeable.

I might do a Poznan just for shits and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back