Solksjaer - “Liverpool defeat shows the strides forward we’ve made”

It's not great, some buys are terrible, but some players are very good in that squad.
For them to have won at home to Palace and Burnley and away at Newcastle and Bournemouth is not even really a stretch of the imagination.
That's 12 more points. They've had some good results against the top sides as well.
Drawn away at Sheffield United and Southampton after being in winning positions as well. Another 4 points.

They could be comfortably 3rd on nearly 50 points. Massively underperforming as a club, based on their reputation and expectations, and following the money spent. Their defence against Liverpool cost £200m. Any decent manager would have them way better off.
They've got nee backbone. When they're good they're good. But when they're not up for it and the so called 'lesser sides' are they roll over to have their belly's tickled.

They do alright against the better sides because they seem to be able to raise their games for them. They lack proper leadership from proper seasoned pros on the pitch. Too many unreliable players. Pogba? Ya never kna what you're going to get. Massive talent - fuckin headcase. Lingard? Flowery as they come and way out of form for a long time now. Martial - good player on his day, but sometimes he's not, and has issues with fitness. Same goes for Rashford even though he was arguably having his best season personally until getting crocked. Mata - been about, done it absolutely, but I've never thought of him as a player to stake your house on - gans missing when things aren't going according to plan. Matic - steady away but nowt much more about him is there. Nee drive or aggression when it's needed. The rest of their midfield - fades into one for me. Some technically sound footballers with not an awful lot about them and all of them blow hot and cold. Less said about the defence the better.

Amongst that lot I don't see anyone there who's gonna get a hold of those under performing and give them a good fuckin' shake - the manager included. Ashley Young's a good lad and a good pro but I don't think he was ever that person, and now he's off anyway. Valencia - gone. Rooney - gone. Carrick - gone. Evans - gone. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher - all long gone. Even the likes of Herrera or Fellaini - solid, reliable pros and they're gone.

It's an old cliché now but where's the Keanes, Nevilles, Pallisters, etc. Proper leaders.

They've got nee backbone. When they're good they're good. But when they're not up for it and the so called 'lesser sides' are they roll over to have their belly's tickled.

They do alright against the better sides because they seem to be able to raise their games for them. They lack proper leadership from proper seasoned pros on the pitch. Too many unreliable players. Pogba? Ya never kna what you're going to get. Massive talent - fuckin headcase. Lingard? Flowery as they come and way out of form for a long time now. Martial - good player on his day, but sometimes he's not, and has issues with fitness. Same goes for Rashford even though he was arguably having his best season personally until getting crocked. Mata - been about, done it absolutely, but I've never thought of him as a player to stake your house on - gans missing when things aren't going according to plan. Matic - steady away but nowt much more about him is there. Nee drive or aggression when it's needed. The rest of their midfield - fades into one for me. Some technically sound footballers with not an awful lot about them and all of them blow hot and cold. Less said about the defence the better.

Amongst that lot I don't see anyone there who's gonna get a hold of those under performing and give them a good fuckin' shake - the manager included. Ashley Young's a good lad and a good pro but I don't think he was ever that person, and now he's off anyway. Valencia - gone. Rooney - gone. Carrick - gone. Evans - gone. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher - all long gone. Even the likes of Herrera or Fellaini - solid, reliable pros and they're gone.

It's an old cliché now but where's the Keanes, Nevilles, Pallisters, etc. Proper leaders.

Good post. Agree with it. No leadership anywhere in the club.

Back