Solider F

My father was born in Tipperary in Newcastle
My mother was born in Dublin
They were born Irish in the 20s, only just in my father's case.

I went to school here as my mother wanted us to go to Oxbridge or the Royal Academy.

I read Classics at Kings College, not Oxbridge I hasten to add, my eldest brother told me he'd break my legs if I applied. My sisters had not had a happy time of it there.
So I decided not to apply to Oxbridge and it worked out well as my father became ill and I was needed at home so worked 3 jobs and did my degree and was the only undergraduate invited to work on the porphyrogennetos project which was an incredible experience.
So both your parents were indeed born with British citizenship - you will know this being so glued up on history.
You were born in England as a British citizen. You went to a British school - despite previously saying you spent most of your childhood in Ireland. You went to a British university. Your parents lived in Britain for more than 20 years. You and your siblings have lived in abritain for most of your lives.
You don’t come much more British. You are more British than Irish. If you want this collective British guilt then you are part of it.

Edit. Sorry the mail will get him out.

When he was released after being wrongly accused of murder they rioted in Belfast.

The same will happen.

I also think his case will be used by the defence.

Just doing his job.

He wasn't.

His superior should be on the line with him.

If unarmed civilians were deliberately shot, I can't see how it can't be seen as murder.
From a legal point of view
I agree. But there are a whole load of terrorists who are known to have done just that and were given immunity to prosecution.
It needs a truth and reconciliation process. Immunity to prosecution for all those on the “front line” on whichever side. Find all the missing, get the truth out and if anyone in authority and not on the streets is found to have ordered shootings, killings and torture then they should be prosecuted.

So both your parents were indeed born with British citizenship - you will know this being so glued up on history.
You were born in England as a British citizen. You went to a British school - despite previously saying you spent most of your childhood in Ireland. You went to a British university. Your parents lived in Britain for more than 20 years. You and your siblings have lived in abritain for most of your lives.
You don’t come much more British. You are more British than Irish. If you want this collective British guilt then you are part of it.

If my father was born just a little earlier he would have British citizenship as it is both my parents had Irish citizenship. Not British.

I'm not British. I went to.school here yes and am Irish church and and Irish community.

Not British :lol:

If my father was born just a little earlier he would have British citizenship as it is both my parents had Irish citizenship. Not British.

I'm not British. I went to.school here yes and am Irish church and and Irish community.

Not British :lol:
Your parents were born pre-1949 so bad automatic British citizenship.
You were born in the UK pre 1983 so have British citizenship.
Have you revoked your British citizenship?

I agree. But there are a whole load of terrorists who are known to have done just that and were given immunity to prosecution.
It needs a truth and reconciliation process. Immunity to prosecution for all those on the “front line” on whichever side. Find all the missing, get the truth out and if anyone in authority and not on the streets is found to have ordered shootings, killings and torture then they should be prosecuted.
We made an agreement, we need to be held to it.

Your parents were born pre-1949 so bad automatic British citizenship.
You were born in the UK pre 1983 so have British citizenship.
Have you revoked your British citizenship?

We have automatic British citizenship should we choose to

My parents didn't
I didn't
My brothers and sisters didn't except for one.

I could not give a shit what was agreed 20 odd years ago. We can decide whatever we want and that should not be potentially jailing soldiers. If that pisses off the provos so be it. If they want to kick off then we can start putting their ilk back behind bars, their choice.

And then you wonder why Cat and her ilk still have anti British sentiment?

And then you wonder why Cat and her ilk still have anti British sentiment?

Cat and her ilk dismiss terrorism and terrorists as though they were freedom fighters. Bombing innocent people in fish shops and pubs is NOT fighting for freedom against the British government.

We gave an amnesty to around 800 terrorists. That was our decision. To give soldiers the same deal is common sense. I amazed anyone would argue against it. It is ridiculous to persue somebody through court for something that happened during the troubles nearly 50 years ago.

I really really doubt that they can prove beyond doubt that this brave soldier did anything wrong.

If he is convicted and used as a scapegoat there will be hell on.

The British Public will not accept any convictions against "One of our Own" Certainly not after all the IRAs Murderers have been Pardoned so to speak.

:lol:

We gave an amnesty to around 800 terrorists. That was our decision. To give soldiers the same deal is common sense. I amazed anyone would argue against it. It is ridiculous to persue somebody through court for something that happened during the troubles nearly 50 years ago.
We needed to argue for it before we made the Belfast Agreement.

I'm fine with alleged murderers standing trial 50 years later tbh. I'm amazed you aren't.

Takes balls to shoot fleeing unarmed civilians.

Which is why I was asking when you would forgive such an occupation?

You still hold France responsible for 1066, you went to war over an island of puffins.

When would you expect the Irish to just get over their population still being less than half what it was before they were slaughtered in their beds, starved, kicked off their lands.

They never for their lands back.
They will never get their records back.
Their many many dead.
They will never get their language back.
They will never get their country back.

When do you think they should get over that?
When would you if it was done to you?

How about a peace March that was then turned in to a blood bath of British soldiers executing unarmed youths and elderly people?

How about reneging on peace treaties?
How about allowing Catholics to be the worst treated minority in the United kingdom?
This isn't all from hundreds of years ago but it isn't unrelated to the situation now given the egregious nature of the occupation and the suffering incurred.

No it is because it was actively wiped out with prison or worse for those not abiding by the draconian laws imposed
You keep saying we. You are born and raised here. When are YOU going to share in this collective responsibility that we are all supposed to?

Thankfully the vast majority I know who actually live in Ireland release that anyone who actually lives in England isn’t reasonable for what happened in history.

You should take yourself over for a few months instead of stamping your feet about the nasty English whilst living in England.

You sound like a Sinn Fein public relations secretary. Utterly embarrassing one at that.

Cat and her ilk dismiss terrorism and terrorists as though they were freedom fighters. Bombing innocent people in fish shops and pubs is NOT fighting for freedom against the British government.

Again, you're showing massive arrogance here. Making out that everything is 'our' decision. It's not. The GFA was negotiated with multiple parties including input from Clinton's U.S. government. An amnesty for the British Army was not part of the GFA. You can't rewrite that agreement 20 years down the line.

We needed to argue for it before we made the Belfast Agreement.

I'm fine with alleged murderers standing trial 50 years later tbh. I'm amazed you aren't.

Takes balls to shoot fleeing unarmed civilians.

Soldier B shot a young lad twice in the head from close range..so probably more balls than someone fleeing.

Back