Solicitors Letter Claiming Car Accident

• Thread starter Deleted member 1358
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1358

Come home tonight to a letter claiming I was involved in an accident 2 weeks ago.

Checked and it’s a legit letter however both me and my car were not involved in an accident and were not where it is claimed to have taken place.

Is his just someone chancing and should I pass this on to my insurer with the above advice?

Come home tonight to a letter claiming I was involved in an accident 2 weeks ago.

Checked and it’s a legit letter however both me and my car were not involved in an accident and were not where it is claimed to have taken place.

Is his just someone chancing and should I pass this on to my insurer with the above advice?

Phone the number on the letter and laugh in a hearty voice.

youve made this up

youve made this up

The letter and this post is real. It quotes my car details and engine size etc as if they have checked with vehicle licensing. It quotes a street location in Washington where I wasn’t at

Looks like your lass is having an affar. It was clearly her in a place she shouldn't have been without your knowledge. Throw her out of the house immediately.

I had one earlier in the year. Although I was in the place it stated I wasn't involved in an accident. I rang them and told them to get fucked in a not so direct way. Nowt came of it and checked with my insurers before renewal and nowt was recorded against me. I suggest you do the same.

I suspect some clumsy fucker had clipped their car and looked for the nearest number plate to report to their insurer or no win no fee type places.

Ive had loads of phone calls claiming their records show i was in a car accident.

that might be from a call centre though re claiming compensation. I am sick of getting them.

I would check the solicitors tel number and make sure genuine.

if genuine, contact them when open and ask them for the information.

Do not give them any information of where you were. It is up to them to prove you done it.

next course of action would depend on solicitors reply. it may be cloned number plates, so call the police.

if that accident occurred 2 weeks ago, where did it occur. check to see if cctv available. Unfortunately it may be that you have to prove you did not do it. CCTV is utmost. some places have a system that will only keep 28 days, some are far less than that

I would also contact you car insurance and inform them, you are not to blame and were not to blame.

I wonder why you are getting a letter from a solicitor and not getting a knock on the door from the police for failing to report an accident (or has somebody left your details on the windscreen). hence reason for checking with solicitor

ahh,,, that old chestnut...

The letter and this post is real. It quotes my car details and engine size etc as if they have checked with vehicle licensing. It quotes a street location in Washington where I wasn’t at
can you prove where you were at. is there physical proof. get hold of it

that might be from a call centre though re claiming compensation. I am sick of getting them.

Do not give them any information of where you were. It is up to them to prove you done it.

next course of action would depend on solicitors reply. it may be cloned number plates, so call the police.

if that accident occurred 2 weeks ago, where did it occur. check to see if cctv available. Unfortunately it may be that you have to prove you did not do it. CCTV is utmost. some places have a system that will only keep 28 days, some are far less than that

I would also contact you car insurance and inform them, you are not to blame and were not to blame.

I wonder why you are getting a letter from a solicitor and not getting a knock on the door from the police for failing to report an accident (or has somebody left your details on the windscreen). hence reason for checking with solicitor

Its just cold calling. When they ask for details i just tell them they already know as they have my records etc. I just wind them up a bit, then they hang up. Havent had one for a while since i think about it.

Its just cold calling. When they ask for details i just tell them they already know as they have my records etc. I just wind them up a bit, then they hang up. Havent had one for a while since i think about it.

you know whats going to happen on Monday don't you

you know whats going to happen on Monday don't you
What’s that?

Big solicitors in Liverpool

can you prove where you were at. is there physical proof. get hold of it
At least 50 people at work will confirm I was there and it logins too

Good advice ta. Have told my insurer and then have given me same advice and not reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Back