Sod the pubs opening

Play parks are opening tomorrow

those of us with kids are desperate for this

:lol:

Oh yes.
Though that said, I'd rather kick a ball around with him in the park, or chuck a frisbee around than sit on a bench in a playground while he shouts "Watch me dad" for the 9th time as he goes down the slide! in exactly the same way as the last 8 times. I'm not a bad parent.... am I?

Are play areas in pubs open? ;)

Oh yes.
Though that said, I'd rather kick a ball around with him in the park, or chuck a frisbee around than sit on a bench in a playground while he shouts "Watch me dad" for the 9th time as he goes down the slide! in exactly the same way as the last 8 times. I'm not a bad parent.... am I?

Are play areas in pubs open? ;)
Just take a cooler bag to the play park :lol:

Genuinely pleased this is happening. Takes a bit of the pressure off to put time in especially when the 6 weeks holidays are coming up. Only live a stone throw away from one so great to have the option just to pop down at a moments notice weather permitting

Play parks are opening tomorrow

those of us with kids are desperate for this

:lol:
It used to make me sad my two were no longer into parks and stuff until lockdown happened. I now realise having 2 teenagers that keep out of our way and do their own thing is actually fantastic :lol:

Genuinely pleased this is happening. Takes a bit of the pressure off to put time in especially when the 6 weeks holidays are coming up. Only live a stone throw away from one so great to have the option just to pop down at a moments notice weather permitting
It'll make a nice change for you from panic buying at the shops, enjoy.

Have the parks at Sunderland officially opened then?
Not officially no. Still closed. Same in South Tyneside.

However apparantly Barnes park has had kids in for weeks.

Roker park had generally been good but someone has ripped the signs down last week so people had assumed they were open. So has been busy. Council have not seen fit to put them back up. I'm not quite sure what measures they could be planning for - signage to tell people to wipe down after use??

Not officially no. Still closed. Same in South Tyneside.

However apparantly Barnes park has had kids in for weeks.

Roker park had generally been good but someone has ripped the signs down last week so people had assumed they were open. So has been busy. Council have not seen fit to put them back up. I'm not quite sure what measures they could be planning for - signage to tell people to wipe down after use??

Personally just think they should just be opening them then if people dont want to go then don't. Ridiculous you can go for a pint but cant go to the park. They are thousands of school throughout the country open to. They have months to put procedures in place

Last edited:
There's a canny game of cat and mouse going on at my local park. About a week and a half ago somebody unlocked the gate to cut the grass in what everyone thought was preparation for it opening. The people who cut it never locked it back up so come the 4th of July everyone presumed it was open and started using it. After a few days the council locked the gates using cable ties. Looks like people have just cut them off hence why it's open at the moment and people are using them. Fully expect them chained up by close of play today. It's a bit ridiculous really as other neighbouring villages have theirs open which was result in people travelling to them which will make them more busy. Judging by social media lots of people are just jumping over the fences to use them if they can. If all them in the area were open I'm sure people who wanted to use them would use they common sense. Its hardly like anything drastic is going to happen between now and 2-3 weeks time if you plan to open them then.

Back