Socks with sandals

Didn't some wear a sort of suspender things as well, to keep socks from rolling down?

Sure i saw that in the 70s

Even if it becomes acceptable what would be the f***ing point. Just wear a pair of shoes.

It's like wearing a skimpy t shirt to remain cool and wearing a woolly underneath it

Dee it all the time. Prefer me birkenstocks to slippers. After work at home in the colder months, shoes off and birkis on with socks still on

Sandals are for wrong'uns, Sandals with socks are for old wrong'uns or perverts - when on holiday in warmer climes, around the pool for example, deck shoes or flip flops, possibly light trainers - no socks - I far prefer bare feet

I saw a chap who must have been in his mid 70's the other day wearing a Hawian shirt, Bermuda shorts, knee length grey stockings snd sandals.

What a striking vision he presented.

Dee it all the time. Prefer me birkenstocks to slippers. After work at home in the colder months, shoes off and birkis on with socks still on
Me too. Mind, I use the excuse that it helps alleviate the neuropathy in me feet and not sure I'd leave the house sporting the look. From a comfort point of view it's great but it does look crap.

You would have got a slap wearing socks with sandals when I was younger. Was reserved for wrong uns and beardy weirdys. Although saying that, most of the twats I’ve seen doing it recently, incidentally also had beards!

Back