Socially Distancing Everyday Life

The social distancing is just a guideline for a start and varies from 1m to 2m dependent on country. So in an outside scenario especially you'd have to assume it's largely bollocks, unless someone sneezes/coughs directly at you and they just happen to have it. I think it's designed to keep people alert more than anything else. Either way I can see most people just filtering out of their mind over the next few weeks, certainly it's getting more noticeable here.

It'll go far enough if local authorities make their plans to start using it. You can make big differences with just a few grand spent on plastic barriers in certain pinch points. Medium term though I agree it's not enough and more will be required.
Unfortunately nothing is ever just a couple of grand when it’s coming from the public purse.

Times that by 10 or 20 for all these pinch points and it’ll be hundreds of thousands.

Last edited:
Unfortunately nothing is ever just a couple of grand when it’s coming from the public purse.

Times that by 10 or 20 for all these pinch points and it’ll be hundreds of thousands.

Would normally agree but in the current climate they do seem to just be getting on with it. The progressive local authorities anyway.

Once further relaxation of the lockdown kicks in I would imagine a lot of the social distancing measures will remain in place.

So there`ll still be queues outside of supermarkets, shops, chemists etc and only a certain amount let in at any one time.

What about walking down the street though, or dropping kids off at school, things like that ?

How is it practically going to work ? One way footways ? Markings and signs all over the place warning us about 2m gaps ? Remove areas of roads and use them as paths ? Do we just hope people know the crack and do nowt and hope the message has sunk in ?

Either way, its going to be a bit weird for a few year imo
Your right, it should but I'll give it six months and back to some normality by people pushing and brushing past people, its happening now, look in ASDA at Leechmere and I've been in Ability Supplies today, in the shop there's none but in the queues to check out, 2 metres there is.. The ignorant ones will not even care come Christmas...

Back