Social media (the positive side)

Of course social media can be a pain in the arse.
Since I was on TV in January it's worked well for me.
Tonight within 5 minutes of doing a quick review about a new bar in Valletta on my Facebook page I was offered a free dinner from the owner.
I'm receiving a lot of messages from random bars / restaurant's asking me to do a review for them over the last few months.
I have to say with covid a lot of places are struggling with their business, my reviews have helped a few places survive.
Have you used social media to your advantage before ?

Is your name Jolene?

I might pop owa St Juliens and get your autograph.

Last time I was over I was on a motorbike and this horrible dog went for me legs.

Oh and I met the goalkeeper for the Maltese national football team.

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene Joleeeeene

I'm begging you to fuck off with perpetuating the innate stupidity of social media restaurant reviews and further entrenching in thick impressionable people's minds that social media is anything other than bullshit, you fat f***ing slag

At least I think that's the lyrics, anyhow.

Can't remember his name - probably not him as it was some time ago.
He played against Quinn about 20 years ago at least
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene Joleeeeene

I'm begging you to fuck off with perpetuating the innate stupidity of social media restaurant reviews and further entrenching in thick impressionable people's minds that social media is anything other than bullshit, you fat f***ing slag

At least I think that's the lyrics, anyhow.
Haha

Last edited:
Of course social media can be a pain in the arse.
Since I was on TV in January it's worked well for me.
Tonight within 5 minutes of doing a quick review about a new bar in Valletta on my Facebook page I was offered a free dinner from the owner.
I'm receiving a lot of messages from random bars / restaurant's asking me to do a review for them over the last few months.
I have to say with covid a lot of places are struggling with their business, my reviews have helped a few places survive.
Have you used social media to your advantage before ?

you'll be starting up Malta Foodies next and charging people €40 for reviews

Back