Sober for October.

None of those ‘stop drinking for a month’ things apply to me I think. I don’t drink enough for it to have any meaning.

I think if I felt the need to do it I’d be more concerned about that than the potential charitable benefits.

It is for charity isn’t it? In which case I won’t do it because I don’t get the ‘do something daft for charity thing’: if I want to donate to charity I just... donate to charity.

I’ve never understood why somebody needs to sit in a bath of custard or hike to Kathmandu. But then I realise I’m a fun sponge.

I'm trying to get a bit fitter, lose a bit of timber, to train for a marathon late next year. However it's unrealistic for me to quit the sauce even for a month. So I have limited refreshments to 2 days per week only. Working well together with running 3 times each week and not eating sugar.

After reading this thread I have realised that I have had a drink each day so far in October. Was on holiday until the 4th like, then it was the weekend. Been away with work this week, so that's a given. Birthday back end of the month - I'm having whatever the opposite of Sober October is...

I'm going to mostly do it but not shout about it. Apart from this.

Me old man's birthday though so will have a drink for that.
Last Friday night on the whiskey.
Beer and whiskey on Saturday.
Meeting a mate in London town tomorrow night.
Then I don't think I will be able to resist the pull of a drink on a Friday afternoon train home.

So no I'm not mostly doing it.

Don't get involved in these type of things.

Don't think I could go a month without the drink either. Which I don't know if that's worrying or not tbh.

Fell off the wagon tonight!

Twatting headaches, throat like i’ve eaten razor blades, so hot toddies for me.

Back