So______

If we stay in this league will the yanks disappear and look elsewhere 🤔

I don't think that's what they're saying at all.

Are the Americans still at the table? Don't know, they haven't mentioned them by name, that's my worry.

If they are, all the statement says is that we don't need investment now. That doesn't mean we won't let them take a stake in the club, we'll obviously get good investors in now, they're just saying we won't need them until the championship. Very much like what they said with Sartori, didn't need him but he was around so they got him involved.

In fact if I had to guess i reckon he wants out and Donald initially wants someone just to take his 20% until we go up when they get more involved

I'm really so close to f***ing this place off like

It's mental mate. It has a feel of The Crucible to it at the minute. Every word issued by the club is over played and far too much inference placed upon a single sentence. Take them at face value; they can say nowt. When they can, they will. Until that moment, we should not speculate too much as we know nowt. On record, this is not a dig at Riv as I hold him in the highest of esteem and know that he would never lead fellow fans on. That gent goes out of his way to help fans out. My view will not change on that.

Are the Americans still at the table? Don't know, they haven't mentioned them by name, that's my worry.

If they are, all the statement says is that we don't need investment now. That doesn't mean we won't let them take a stake in the club, we'll obviously get good investors in now, they're just saying we won't need them until the championship. Very much like what they said with Sartori, didn't need him but he was around so they got him involved.

In fact if I had to guess i reckon he wants out and Donald initially wants someone just to take his 20% until we go up when they get more involved

Do you not think that could simply be a negotiating tactic? ‘We don’t need your money yet, and if we get promoted it will cost you more so get in at the ground floor’

If what they are saying is true (bearing in mind that investors will have seen the books) it is probably one of the only cards they have to play.

Of course this also relies on the investors wanting in enough to overcome any obstacles that may be in the way. (As I think Donald said at Consett he was not sure if the Americans wanted him and Methven involved)

Last edited:

As part of the NDA are they allowed to name them?

As part of the NDA are they allowed to name them?

Possibly not, GOM said it would depend on the wording of the NDA, but if they were so concerned about secrecy that they wouldn't even let the group be named then it doesn't really tie in with letting them use the SoL as the registered address for the holding company, or having them front and centre at the Wimbledon match. I'm hoping it's just because of an NDA, but not convinced

We'll not stay in this league. Have you been to Salford yet?
Well we won’t get relegated and we are not looking like a promotion team at the moment so we have a high chance of staying in this league.

Does it really matter when they take over or which league we're in when it happens? Don't think it makes a difference tbf

I'm not taking over because you're in league one.. Aye... So?
Yanks are long gone imo. Suspect it's a different source of "investment."
That would mean he could say that it's not them anymore...

Last edited:
CM was in my mates mates taxi yesterday and apart from being on the phone constantly during the journey he mentioned to the driver that he has never known a place like Sunderland for rumour, counter rumour and downright lies! Said guess that's what you get when the club means so much to so many, Charlie says that's why we are here.

CM was in my mates mates taxi yesterday and apart from being on the phone constantly during the journey he mentioned to the driver that he has never known a place like Sunderland for rumour, counter rumour and downright lies! Said guess that's what you get when the club means so much to so many, Charlie says that's why we are here.
And if it wasn't for the fans being so passionate it wouldn't be worth a bean...

Possibly not, GOM said it would depend on the wording of the NDA, but if they were so concerned about secrecy that they wouldn't even let the group be named then it doesn't really tie in with letting them use the SoL as the registered address for the holding company, or having them front and centre at the Wimbledon match. I'm hoping it's just because of an NDA, but not convinced
It might be that the vehicle being used for investment is under wraps (i.e. is is one of Dell’s 2 investment vehicles or, as previously rumoured, is it the 3 directors off their own backs?) rather than to stop people knowing who is involved so the NDA prevents them saying anything.

Back