So who here has suffered the most physical pain?

Messing about while sat cross legged when I was a kid. Like when you're in the school hall for assembly but not really listening. Somehow managed to tie my legs in a knot. All the other kids got up to leave at the end and I couldn't. The teachers tried to untie them but the pain was so bad every time they touched them I would scream. In the end they had to get the fire brigade. They tried butter, washing up liquid, all kinds. In the end they got sick and just cut my legs off with one of them things they use to take the roofs off cars.

All's well that ends well.

Same , when they went around the bend I thought I was being ripped apart

Worst for me was having stomach drains removed without any pain relief , thankfully the surgeon was on the ward and heard me screaming , intervened and gave me heroin
Forgot about the post-op drain removal. What an absolutely disgusting feeling that is. Thanks for reminding me. šŸ˜‚

Same , when they went around the bend I thought I was being ripped apart

Worst for me was having stomach drains removed without any pain relief , thankfully the surgeon was on the ward and heard me screaming , intervened and gave me heroin
I had forgotten the pain when the nurses removed the drain after my Appenxix Opp.
I thought it must have been wrapped around my balls from the inside, having the catheter removed was more embarrassing than painful.

The most pain Iā€™ve had was crushing my sciatic nerve.
Still feeling the after effects 10 years later but Iā€™ve got someone I see if I feel it needs attention.

Knee Cruciate when skiing....

Coughing with a broken rib....

Standing on Lego, I had no idea until I moved in with my Mrs and her boys....one night on the fluffy rug where I couldn't see it...barefoot...they learnt all the swear words I know..

I had a small shard of ceramic in my foot from a smashed plate. Tiny, only about 3mm long but was catching a nerve the nurse reckoned, stabbing immense pain every time I put my foot down. Hot nursey assured me no drugs needed when she was going to put a small scalpel cut in to get it out. Lying cow. I nearly jumped off the bed when she stuck the scalpel in and went into shock afterwards. NHS deserves a pay rise. Except for that sick bitch.

I had a small shard of ceramic in my foot from a smashed plate. Tiny, only about 3mm long but was catching a nerve the nurse reckoned, stabbing immense pain every time I put my foot down. Hot nursey assured me no drugs needed when she was going to put a small scalpel cut in to get it out. Lying cow. I nearly jumped off the bed when she stuck the scalpel in and went into shock afterwards. NHS deserves a pay rise. Except for that sick bitch.
I split the webbing between my thumb and forefinger playing cricket - dived to stop the ball while fielding and got my hand position slightly wrong. The seam on the ball essentially unzipped the skin exposing all the tendons etc.

Went to A&E to get it stitched and the nurse (Scottish lass) said "This will nip a bit" as she stuck the anaesthetic needle directly into the wound.

I went through my full vocabulary of swear words - some of which I didn't even know I knew until that point in time.

Cluster headache.

Acknowledged as the most pain a human can suffer, according to scientists.

"Cluster headache is probably the worst pain that humans experience. I know that's quite a strong remark to make, but if you ask a cluster headache patient if they've had a worse experience, they'll universally say they haven't. Women with cluster headache will tell you that an attack is worse than giving birth

Last edited:
Gout

Coming away for your place after a defeat, crowd surged and I got pushed over onto a metal bollard, broke a few ribs....f***ing double whammy that day....

Back