So who here has suffered the most physical pain?

The biggest pain I’ve ever felt was when that reet dick @tooliohelmet chose someone else over me, a friend he’s known since the age of 5. 🥺 Fuck him the utter shit! I’ve had the last laugh though, as he can only find work as a rent boy down the docks these days!

I broke my humerus in four places when I fell down the stairs. They put it back together with an external fixator that involved four pins screwed into the bone. When it was time to take it out I asked if it would be under local or general anesthetic and they said neither just take a couple of paracetamol. So I turned up and they removed the framework no problem. Then they got out a brace and bit but instead of a drill it had a socket to fit over the pins. The first bit as it broke the skin was sore as fuck but nothing compared to the following ten or 15 turns to unscrew the pin from my bone. Then repeated another 3 times. They gave me oxygen and laid me down after the first one and my shirt was completely soaked through with sweat.
The two young occupational physios who had to make a plastic protective brace afterwards were watching and said they couldn’t believe they just unscrewed it without anaesthetic. I fully agreed!

Broken bones, namely collarbone and finger were the standouts...

But...I think the most painful have been tattoo related - namely the sternum, ribs and stomach - Jesus Christ!!! He could have been dragging a scalpel down my chest and I don't think it could have felt any worse!

Worst for me was nerve pain from compression due to cervical spondylosis, think I passed out a few times because of that.

The current snapped ligaments in my shoulder aren't pleasant ether. 😭

When I was young me mate came round to borrow me football, I had a pen in me mouth as I bent down to pick ball up that was under a table, the pen hit the table as I did so and basically put a hole in the roof of me mouth

Had a big chunk of flesh shaved out of my arm to be used as a skin graft.

That in itself wasn’t too bad. But the wound got infected and the dressing/gauze got stuck wound by a clump of thick infected scabs. Again, not actually that bad.

Having to tear the gauze, along with the scabs, from the wound did smart somewhat.

There was also the time I was vomiting what seemed like diarrhoea just a short time after having my stomach cut open and stapled back together. That hurt massively and was also disgusting.

Oh, and shoving my hand down the side of the bed in the 70s and getting a sharp bit of wood chip speared under my nail. I can’t be the only one that happened to?

Knee replacement hurts like a b@st@rd for the first couple of weeks, especially after the initial nerve-blocking and morphine wear off.

They gave me codeine to help but I didn't like the 'floaty' feeking it gave me so just went with paracetamol.

Even a light cotton sheet on my knee at night in bed used to knack.

😨🤮

Seconded. It took the wind out of me. Incredible pain.
I’m going for my third in a few weeks. I’m not looking Forfar to that at all. 🤮🤮

I had a perforated appendix, that was pretty grim. Worse than any broken bones I’ve had.

I’m sure people will have had it worse though.
Perforated appendix here too, I thought I was dying, the doctors said If I had waited much longer I would have. a couple of years later I had a pain in the same area that was so bad I would have sworn it was appendicitis, it turned out to be constipation, so painful I needed Morphine.
Oh, and shoving my hand down the side of the bed in the 70s and getting a sharp bit of wood chip speared under my nail. I can’t be the only one that happened to?
I did it with a needle that found me in a drawer.

Last edited:

Back