So who bats 6 against SA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bairstow 'fails' again and seems to have a problem with the short ball. Would you pick him?

Other options are

Bopara
Taylor
Stokes
Compton
Morgan
Move Prior to 6 and play another bowler

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broard
Swann
Anderson
Onions

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broard
Swann
Anderson
Onions

I'd like to see that, and the amount of runs our top order has scored over the last few years you wouldn't think we needed the extra batsman. But there is no way the selectors will go back to 5 bowlers after playing with 4 for so long.

Taylor seems like the most promising of the young batsmen coming through, so I'd like to see him given his chance if only 4 bowlers are going to play.

We need the extra batsman I have no idea why people keep banging on about 5 bowlers we haven't needed them for the past two years and have bowled teams out cheaply often enough. The only downfall recently has been lack of runs.

James Taylor for me

We need the extra batsman I have no idea why people keep banging on about 5 bowlers we haven't needed them for the past two years and have bowled teams out cheaply often enough. The only downfall recently has been lack of runs.

James Taylor for me

Good shout. Bit early imo.

Id go for the gypo. He's class in a glass.

Morgan scored a 49 ball ton today in a cb40 game.

Good shout. Bit early imo.

Id go for the gypo. He's class in a glass.

Morgan scored a 49 ball ton today in a cb40 game.

But he's been crap in the tests he's played. I'd go for Taylor too, England will go for Bopara. He was ahead of Bairstow in the queue and has been in good form since he's come back from injury.

But he's been crap in the tests he's played. I'd go for Taylor too, England will go for Bopara. He was ahead of Bairstow in the queue and has been in good form since he's come back from injury.

How long did we give Bell? I reckon we should give morgan the same time. He will come good. 700 runs form 16 match's with a Ave of 30, with 3 50's and 2 100's isnt that shabby. plus the only tests he's played is against the asian lot.

Taylors a midget man.

How long did we give Bell? I reckon we should give morgan the same time. He will come good. 700 runs form 16 match's with a Ave of 30, with 3 50's and 2 100's isnt that shabby. plus the only tests he's played is against the asian lot.

Taylors a midget man.

How does that matter? Tendulkar is about 5ft nowt and it's never stopped him.

I'd rather we stuck with Bairstow. Better than Bopara, looks morw comfortable at the crease than Morgan and now has some useful test experience. He may even get another innings tomorrow.

Bringing in Bopara is just having an even more certain walking wicket. At least Bairstow still has something to prove.

I think I would stick with Bairstow as giving up on him now may knock his confidence. Hopefully he can bat himself into some form in the ODI's over the next few weeks.

James Taylor is much better than the other lot. Bairstow is nowhere near a test batsman yet.

Bopara is the best option against SA. He is in form and offers decent experience. He also bowls his 10 overs an innings better than Trott. Bairstow, Taylor and Stokes time will come. Onions is a no brainer for 12 th man.

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broard
Swann
Anderson
Onions

that i would love to see, we really shouldnt need to bat down to 10, and swann, broad, bresnan really should be picking up enough runs that we can have a 10 & 11 who are pure quality bowlers.

at least as long as we have no real allroudner to bat at 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back