So the new owners wanted Lee Johnson

I’m not disputing any of that. Yes as fans we want amd deserve better, the reality of the clubs situation shows it’s going to be a struggle. We can’t attract the people the fans want and that’s not just down to the owners.
The fans wanted Cowley, Pearson or even Stendel ahead of the mediocre record of Johnson. They all wanted the job. It was same last time when they made the ludicrous decision to appoint Parkinson. So what you are sayinv is incorrect.

Our squad is a mcgeady and 2 or 3 attacking players away fron walking this league.

The defensive solidity and midfield is there but the attacking threat isnt. Sort that in jan and we'll go up imo
I wish I could agree.

For me, Onion and Willis (if his knee gets sorted) could play in the Championship. McGeady of two years ago fair enough, but not since then. Other than those I'm not sure.

Let's wait and see what new owners do. So far we have a young dynamic management team, which ain't bad considering where we are.
I was worried about bringing in yet another merry go round manager, Pearson and the likes.
Happier today than a few weeks ago.
Thats fair comment. However, how many poor decisions until its enough? They must be on their last chance. If we dont go up this season I would guess season tickets will below 10k and their destruction of the club will be complete. If we do go up they will have squeaked home. And by the way Im not being overly dramatic I am not enjoying being a Sunderland fan and am ready to give up and know a few others also reaching the end of the road.

Thats fair comment. However, how many poor decisions until its enough? They must be on their last chance. If we dont go up this season I would guess season tickets will below 10k and their destruction of the club will be complete. If we do go up they will have squeaked home. And by the way Im not being overly dramatic I am not enjoying being a Sunderland fan and am ready to give up and know a few others also reaching the end of the road.
Nearly packed in some many times over the years, but can't. Stuck with them, and the constant disappointment.

We are getting new owners in apparently, and suspect they are behind these changes which can only be for the better. Hoping for a brave new dawn, again.

The fans wanted Cowley, Pearson or even Stendel ahead of the mediocre record of Johnson. They all wanted the job. It was same last time when they made the ludicrous decision to appoint Parkinson. So what you are sayinv is incorrect.

And you know they wanted the job for a tact, you know what those wage demands were ? You know what haute tres they wanted ? ? You know these guys personally? Maybe we can’t afford these people. Maybe the FFP restricts our options? No one on this board knows anything for a fact. It’s all opinion and hearsay.

I would have preferred Cowley however they left Huddersfield because they felt they weren't given full control.
I don't know if I missed something but I have seen nothing saying Pearson (besides SKP saying he thinks he would be interested) or Stendal coming out saying that they wanted to come here.
I personally think having a SD is a good thing therefore have to trust that they have had input into the appointment of LJ and think we have to give him a chance.
At some point a manager/coach needs to be given time and if the plan is to get someone in to get us promoted then consolidate us in the Championship so be it.
We have been crying out to be given a short medium and long term plan this is what we have been given

And you know they wanted the job for a tact, you know what those wage demands were ? You know what haute tres they wanted ? ? You know these guys personally? Maybe we can’t afford these people. Maybe the FFP restricts our options? No one on this board knows anything for a fact. It’s all opinion and hearsay.
Maybe, maybe. Facts are simply we are in our 3rd year in the 3rd Division and we've appointed someone with no track record of the success we need - they are both facts. We are the best fans this division has ever seen - higher average than Leeds or Man City. We should demand way, way more than these owners have given us. You must agree they have been utter failures.
I would have preferred Cowley however they left Huddersfield because they felt they weren't given full control.
I don't know if I missed something but I have seen nothing saying Pearson (besides SKP saying he thinks he would be interested) or Stendal coming out saying that they wanted to come here.
I personally think having a SD is a good thing therefore have to trust that they have had input into the appointment of LJ and think we have to give him a chance.
At some point a manager/coach needs to be given time and if the plan is to get someone in to get us promoted then consolidate us in the Championship so be it.
We have been crying out to be given a short medium and long term plan this is what we have been given
I agree with thay but promotion this year is a must. Salary cap means if we dont go up we will likely lose O'Nien, Willis, Hume etc. Fair enough appint a coach but to appoint someone with the record of Johnson which is not at all impressive is one hell of a risk. As fans we are right to be both worried and downbeat about Johnson.

Last edited:
So what do we actually know about the takeover it feels like I am being played and lied to most of the time

Well, from reports in respected press (The Guardian and L'Équipe) agreement is in process for a consortium led by Kyrill Louis-Dreyfus (son of the late Marseille owner) and Juan Satori to acquire 60% of Madrox from Donald, giving them a joint 80% share. L'Équipe also reported that they had drawn up a shortlist of four candidates (apparently via headhunters) for a new Sporting Director to oversee all football operations. Donald will retain 15% of Madrox and Methven 5%. Some are claiming that KLD is being played and SD will be pulling the strings. From his behaviour since the spring, I'd say he's not remotely interested in us, but is hoping for more cash down the line. Besides, KLD will have the calibre of advisers his family wealth (about £10bn, with £2bn of that earmarked for him, but in trust until he's a little older) can buy, and there will certainly be demarcation clauses to prevent Donald doing that.There are apparently clauses in the agreement meaning JS as KLD can or must buy out the other two for a higher price once certain conditions are met,

Maybe, maybe. Facts are simply we are in our 3rd year in the 3rd Division and we've appointed someone with no track record of the success we need - they are both facts. We are the best fans this division has ever seen - higher average than Leeds or Man City. We should demand way, way more than these owners have given us. You must agree they have been utter failures.

100% they’ve been failures amd for hope the new owners don’t make the same mistakes. Time will tell.
The club has been run awful for a very long time. No one in their right mind with any credibility would come here. There’s no disputing our fans are truly amazing.
The whole club needs to restructure and build us back up. Hopefully appointing the guy from Birmingham and fingers crossed the new manager are a step in the right direction. We’ve had big names managers who have failed miserably. Names we got excited about have let us down.
Let’s get behind the new man and see what happens, that all we can do.

I agree with thay but promotion this year is a must. Salary cap means if we dont go up we will likely lose O'Nien, Willis, Hume etc. Fair enough appint a coach but to appoint someone with the record of Johnson which is not at all impressive is one hell of a risk. As fans we are right to be both worried and downbeat about Johnson.
I think we have to accept that once we went for a SD there would be managers who wouldn't want to come here. I also think our history of not giving managers time counts against us along with being in League 1 for the 3rd season running.
Any new manager/coach is a risk.
Poyet could have come and had us finish 11th.
The only thing I really think we need to do as fans is give this lad a chance. I've said he was not my 1st choice it is underwhelming but god I hope in 4 seasons time he has us 12th in the Prem and me eating humble pie breakfast dinner and tea

I wish I could agree.

For me, Onion and Willis (if his knee gets sorted) could play in the Championship. McGeady of two years ago fair enough, but not since then. Other than those I'm not sure.

Leadbutter , power, wright, hume, maguire, willis, onein and gooch all good enough to be in a championship squad and definately to get out of this league.

Add into that a couple of decent attackers and mcgeady and energy and creativity from new coach's philosphy we will get promoted. It aint unrealistic. We have all been flattened by parkinsons approach. Those same players will look 10 times better under a good coach. Add couple of attackers and off we go

Well, from reports in respected press (The Guardian and L'Équipe) agreement is in process for a consortium led by Kyrill Louis-Dreyfus (son of the late Marseille owner) and Juan Satori to acquire 60% of Madrox from Donald, giving them a joint 80% share. L'Équipe also reported that they had drawn up a shortlist of four candidates (apparently via headhunters) for a new Sporting Director to oversee all football operations. Donald will retain 15% of Madrox and Methven 5%. Some are claiming that KLD is being played and SD will be pulling the strings. From his behaviour since the spring, I'd say he's not remotely interested in us, but is hoping for more cash down the line. Besides, KLD will have the calibre of advisers his family wealth (about £10bn, with £2bn of that earmarked for him, but in trust until he's a little older) can buy, and there will certainly be demarcation clauses to prevent Donald doing that.There are apparently clauses in the agreement meaning JS as KLD can or must buy out the other two for a higher price once certain conditions are met,

I have read that but can I belive it?

Leadbutter , power, wright, hume, maguire, willis, onein and gooch all good enough to be in a championship squad and definately to get out of this league.

Add into that a couple of decent attackers and mcgeady and energy and creativity from new coach's philosphy we will get promoted. It aint unrealistic. We have all been flattened by parkinsons approach. Those same players will look 10 times better under a good coach. Add couple of attackers and off we go
Not based on todays performance. Nowhere near.

Surprised the new owners didn’t have more ambition.

Get a better manager in and sell the new ‘project’ and the new vision they are hoping the club to go in.

Very underwhelming appointment.

There's no guarantees with a managerial appointment. I know a couple of Leicester fans who were nothing short of apoplectic with the appointment of Ranieri.

Whether he's your top choice or your last choice, you need to give him time to see what he can do.
You have stated that Lee Johnson has improved every club he's been at. We were 7th when he arrived. So he has 30+ games to get us at least 6th. That seems fair enough. Where we are play offs would be ok. If we dont finish above 7th it will be failure and predictable failure. Im not saying he needs the chop if we dont get to the play offs but if he doesn't improve us this year we would be right to question the wisdom of his appointment?

You have stated that Lee Johnson has improved every club he's been at. We were 7th when he arrived. So he has 30+ games to get us at least 6th. That seems fair enough. Where we are play offs would be ok. If we dont finish above 7th it will be failure and predictable failure. Im not saying he needs the chop if we dont get to the play offs but if he doesn't improve us this year we would be right to question the wisdom of his appointment?

I fully expect the play-offs, at least.

Back