So the new owners wanted Lee Johnson

I have to say I was surprised when he was sacked by Bristol City as he seemed to be doing well with them. I’d sooner take Johnson than some of the other names being linked!

People still get excited?

The knives are being sharpened already.

There's a large percentage of our support now who are now junkies for this kind of thing. Sack one and immediately start on the replacement. Is this a new record? Starting before the bloke is appointed?

What do people want on here? Out of what was available I think he is a very good choice. Looks like he is switched on tactically and seems a good man manager. I think he will do really well someone we should of went for before Ross imo. Let's all get him

League One is now being set up as little more than a feeder division. We simply have to get out of here this year. Look at Peterborough and Charlton and you can see we will never get a better chance. Read the Bristol City fans views and they think a club our size should walk this league. Our current owners are making an utter hash of it.

To get promotion you need someone who can handle the pressure when its tough - Peter Reid, Mick McCarthy, Roy Keane - like the Coventry home match when Jack Ross was found wanting. I totally understand the need for a 'coach' with this new set up but surely out there there is someone who can coach and has had a little bit of success. Of all those linked Johnson is the only one without success on his cv. He basically needs to massively improve on what he has done on the past. I presume the owners have set a target of promotion this year. Why do they think of all those considered that Johnson was best qualified to deliver this. Why not take you time and find a coach you can be confident will also deliver immediate success?

The strength of Johnson seems to be his development of players (who Bristol then sold on - is that the goal to be a feeder club like Crewe were) and I really liked what the new Sporting Director had to say. Unfortunately Stewart Donald has just sold off 8 or 9 of our best young prospects - a whole generation (we must have got about £2M from those sales - where did that money go? To pay off Will Grigg's transfer fee). So its brilliant that we are finally addressing this but it will take 3 or 4 years to bring results due to the recent plundering of our talent.

So, I really expect us to 12 months down the road with another failure on our hands. That said, I have been wrong before but I see virtually nothing to be confident about with this appointment. Let's hope I'm wrong because only promotion is acceptable.

League One is now being set up as little more than a feeder division. We simply have to get out of here this year. Look at Peterborough and Charlton and you can see we will never get a better chance. Read the Bristol City fans views and they think a club our size should walk this league. Our current owners are making an utter hash of it.

To get promotion you need someone who can handle the pressure when its tough - Peter Reid, Mick McCarthy, Roy Keane - like the Coventry home match when Jack Ross was found wanting. I totally understand the need for a 'coach' with this new set up but surely out there there is someone who can coach and has had a little bit of success. Of all those linked Johnson is the only one without success on his cv. He basically needs to massively improve on what he has done on the past. I presume the owners have set a target of promotion this year. Why do they think of all those considered that Johnson was best qualified to deliver this. Why not take you time and find a coach you can be confident will also deliver immediate success?

The strength of Johnson seems to be his development of players (who Bristol then sold on - is that the goal to be a feeder club like Crewe were) and I really liked what the new Sporting Director had to say. Unfortunately Stewart Donald has just sold off 8 or 9 of our best young prospects - a whole generation (we must have got about £2M from those sales - where did that money go? To pay off Will Grigg's transfer fee). So its brilliant that we are finally addressing this but it will take 3 or 4 years to bring results due to the recent plundering of our talent.

So, I really expect us to 12 months down the road with another failure on our hands. That said, I have been wrong before but I see virtually nothing to be confident about with this appointment. Let's hope I'm wrong because only promotion is acceptable.

There's no guarantees with a managerial appointment. I know a couple of Leicester fans who were nothing short of apoplectic with the appointment of Ranieri.

Whether he's your top choice or your last choice, you need to give him time to see what he can do.

Delete Rodwell and you're on the money. Forget Rodwell - his job now is simply to run the admin. Speakman won't be reporting to him.

Utter twaddle. He's got zero interest in us other than as a future pay cheque for his 15% somewhere down the line.

So what do we actually know about the takeover it feels like I am being played and lied to most of the time

The restructuring of the club reeks of Donald imo, for that reason alone I can’t get behind any of this. Donald has completely exhausted the benefit of the doubt, these appointments start on a negative for me

The restructuring of the club reeks of Donald imo, for that reason alone I can’t get behind any of this. Donald has completely exhausted the benefit of the doubt, these appointments start on a negative for me
Eh, it’s the complete opposite of Donald. The fat little waster wouldn’t let Jack put any structure in place, wouldn’t provide the finances. He had Jack doing the role of 5 staff, this new structure has nothing to do with Donald!

There's no guarantees with a managerial appointment. I know a couple of Leicester fans who were nothing short of apoplectic with the appointment of Ranieri.

Whether he's your top choice or your last choice, you need to give him time to see what he can do.
As i have said on a previous thread I care not one jot who the manager is/was we just need to get out of this woeful league because we just look like an average third division side and it's simply unacceptable, do i think he can take us to the premier league ? No definitely not but i would love to be proved wrong.

People still get excited?

The knives are being sharpened already.

There's a large percentage of our support now who are now junkies for this kind of thing. Sack one and immediately start on the replacement. Is this a new record? Starting before the bloke is appointed?
No, most didn’t want Parkinson and were vocal about that prior to his appointment.

Yes, as Ive said promotion or Im out. These owners have been an utter disaster for us. Why should I have any faith in their decisions? Objectively Johnson is a poor appointment.

Let's give them a chance eh?
We wanted Parky out at least LJ isn't a dinosaur
I get what you are saying and I’d normally be saying the same thing. Not this time though. This is an awful appointment.

Eh, it’s the complete opposite of Donald. The fat little waster wouldn’t let Jack put any structure in place, wouldn’t provide the finances. He had Jack doing the role of 5 staff, this new structure has nothing to do with Donald!
Disagree completely it seems exactly the sort of thing he’d do. He wants to bring in a sporting director with a background in academies so he can continue selling youth prospects, it seems to have been one of his major interests since he realised he could.

A manager who is cheap, unemployed with no real success to date. Someone who knows they’ll never get a chance at a club of our size ever again so will very likely be the perfect yes man. Both fit exactly what I’d expect from Donald

The alternative is Donald is letting new owners who haven’t taken over call the shots and despite having plenty connections across European football, this is the best they can do? I know which version I think is more likely

Haway then, explain how he’s a serial failure. Left his first 2 jobs to move to bigger clubs after being a success and has been sacked once.

Can you show me a picture of the trophies he has won in his managerial career, or even certificates of his notable achievements.
The ‘nearly qualified for the play offs’ certificate, Tufty club and biycycle profiency doesn’t count.

I wonder, do you think, is promotion the number 1 priority for the club this year like it is for the fans?

Back