So the new owners wanted Lee Johnson

Well, from reports in respected press (The Guardian and L'Équipe) agreement is in process for a consortium led by Kyrill Louis-Dreyfus (son of the late Marseille owner) and Juan Satori to acquire 60% of Madrox from Donald, giving them a joint 80% share. L'Équipe also reported that they had drawn up a shortlist of four candidates (apparently via headhunters) for a new Sporting Director to oversee all football operations. Donald will retain 15% of Madrox and Methven 5%. Some are claiming that KLD is being played and SD will be pulling the strings. From his behaviour since the spring, I'd say he's not remotely interested in us, but is hoping for more cash down the line. Besides, KLD will have the calibre of advisers his family wealth (about £10bn, with £2bn of that earmarked for him, but in trust until he's a little older) can buy, and there will certainly be demarcation clauses to prevent Donald doing that.There are apparently clauses in the agreement meaning JS as KLD can or must buy out the other two for a higher price once certain conditions are met,
Respected press, the Guardian😂

Mate, Sol Campbell was on the list
We are legally required to interview one BAME candidate (I believe anyway) and Sol was that candidate.
For me the Rooney rule is an excellent idea in principle but does anyone believe Sol Campbell was in the running for the job or was his interview a box ticking exercise?

Surprised the new owners didn’t have more ambition.

Get a better manager in and sell the new ‘project’ and the new vision they are hoping the club to go in.

Very underwhelming appointment.
How many managers/head coaches do you think would have dropped down to League 1 and work under a SD/DoF.
Whilst I get all of our frustrations about being where we are we have to accept even as big a club as we are playing in League 1 limits our appeal to the type of manager we would all like to see come in.

I’m excited and looking forward to seeing if Johnson can take us forward in this league.

with the addition of Speakman it looks like this takeover is taking shape. I think any fan would look at all this positively. You are a fan aren’t you ??
Massive fan, but I'm also a realist and refuse to get carried away on the crest of a bullshit wave.

How many managers/head coaches do you think would have dropped down to League 1 and work under a SD/DoF.
Whilst I get all of our frustrations about being where we are we have to accept even as big a club as we are playing in League 1 limits our appeal to the type of manager we would all like to see come in.
We couldn't even get Derek McGuiness a while back although as compensation he took McGeoch off our hands.

Back