SUBS
Ruiter
Baldwin
Power
Gooch/McGeady
Maguire
Sterling
Grigg​

Is it just me who thinks leadbitter has been awful? He’s lost his legs and slows the game down every time he gets the ball.

Our centre half’s were awful last week but leadbitter was half a yard behind any player and let them all break through. Drop him.

McLaughlin
O'Nien
Baldwin
Flanagan
Hume

Cattermole/Power
Leadbitter

Maguire
Honeyman
Morgan

Grigg.

McLaughlin
Flanagan Dunne Ozturk Oviedo
Cattermole O’Nien
Morgan Maguire Mcgeady
Wyke
Matthews ahead of Flanagan if he’s fit enough. Leadbitter for Mcgeady if he can’t play, move Maguire our to the left and O’Nien further forward

O'Nien would be further forward at right back than as a sitting midfielder.

in a defence that is properly protected from the midfield, O'Nien, Baldwin and Flanagan are not an issue.

Last edited:
Is it just me who thinks leadbitter has been awful? He’s lost his legs and slows the game down every time he gets the ball.

Our centre half’s were awful last week but leadbitter was half a yard behind any player and let them all break through. Drop him.
I take your point, marra. Both he & Power were outpaced through the middle. Power battled back as best he could. Grant gives 100% as always but these days his legs can't do what he wants them to. If the play is in front of him he's fine but if it's played in behind him he's going to struggle, as will most players of his age. However, he has a poise & composure that's absent when he's not in the team. It's always tempting to zoom in on individuals (and you're right, both centre backs played poorly, especially in terms of their inaccuracy when passing) but let's not forget it's a team game & they all must share the blame. There were times when it appeared that we'd all forgotten how to defend. Ross must have been pulling his syrup off. No manner of tactic can legislate for that. So, we learn from it, fast, then put it, equally fast, behind us & move on & try our level best to pagger Doncaster.

Last edited:
A lot of people going for Hume at RB, has he got a good right foot?

He's one of the most one footed players I've seen play for us. And it's not his right.

This is madness.

Dropped off since Wembley. Been decent apart from that.

McLaughlin
O'Nein Dunne Baldwin Hume
Cattermole Leadbitter
Morgan Honeyman Oviedo
Wyke

Don't see too many options to this tbh. I mean we can have a debate about the centre backs, but its pin the f***ing tail on the donkeys as far as I'm concerned. Who else could we play elsewhere? Power? Sterling? Be serious.

Hopefully we can squeeze 20 minutes out of Maguire and Grigg if in trouble.

McLaughlin
O'nien baldwin flanagan ovideo
Catts leadbitter
Morgan honeyman Mcgeady/Maguire
Wyke

This will be the team in my opinion, not sure he'll drop Flanagan or Baldwin, both had a good weeks rest now and theyll both have a point to prove imo. They haven't been as bad as some would have you believe all season.

Pretty much this. I’d be amazed if there was many changes. Not sure either of McGeady or maguire will be fit so probably see Grigg in instead of those, but adopting something more akin to 451 than 442, as he’s negative so there’s no way he’d stick with 442 after last week. Ross will take the safe option of returning to Catts and Grant if they are both fit as well in the centre, very unlikely he’ll change the CBs

Played a cracking ball through to Wyke over the top that he should have controlled and scored. Shame our striker has the touch of a rapist

Last edited:
..................McLaughlin.....................
O'9......Ozturk......Dunne.....Oviedo
.........Leadbitter.....Cattermole.....
.....................Honeyman.................
Sterling..........Wyke........Morgan

Subs: Ruiter, Hume, Baldwin,
Power, Maguire, Grigg,
Kimpioka
Nearly right. I thought McGeady was injured
Give myself 9/10

Back