So... Team v Donny?

McLaughlin
O'nien baldwin flanagan ovideo
Catts leadbitter
Morgan honeyman Mcgeady/Maguire
Wyke

This will be the team in my opinion, not sure he'll drop Flanagan or Baldwin, both had a good weeks rest now and theyll both have a point to prove imo. They haven't been as bad as some would have you believe all season.

I think it's worth remembering how many times Baldwin and Flanagan have cleared balls off the goal line this season before hammering them for the last couple of games. We need to get behind them both if they start.
as always I will marra, then I'll slaughter them at 5 o'clock :lol:

McLaughlin
O’Nien Flanagan Dunne Oviedo
Cattermole Leadbitter
Morgan Maguire McGeady
Wyke
Not that it will be that like.
What I'd go for if they're all fit although have reservations about Oviedo, I think he was almost as poor defensively as the rest of the back four on Saturday.

McLaughlin
Flanagan Ozturk Baldwin
Hume Cattermole Leadbitter Oviedo
Honeyman
Grigg Wyke​

I’m not sure he’ll be brave enough to try a new formation in such a crucial game but to keep two up top playing three at the back is pretty much our only option (we’ve seen all too painfully what happens when we try 442).

At least you are one of the very few posters who’ve tried to put a team together from the available players not who they’d like to play.

As much as people would like it there’s no chance of McGeady starting tomorrow and I’d say if Maguire plays its more likely to be from the bench than as a starter.

I’m not sure he’ll be brave enough to try a new formation in such a crucial game but to keep two up top playing three at the back is pretty much our only option (we’ve seen all too painfully what happens when we try 442).

At least you are one of the very few posters who’ve tried to put a team together from the available players not who they’d like to play.

As much as people would like it there’s no chance of McGeady starting tomorrow and I’d say if Maguire plays its more likely to be from the bench than as a starter.
You’re right. People need to get this in their heads about McGeady. I don’t think we will see him till Portsmouth game. I think Maguire has a change to start but more than likely not for 90. Get him on, do some damage and get him off. He’s gonna bust a gut for us tomorrow.

Does he have a formation . In the majority of games watched I still cant fathom out how we are supposed to be playing.

You’re right. People need to get this in their heads about McGeady. I don’t think we will see him till Portsmouth game. I think Maguire has a change to start but more than likely not for 90. Get him on, do some damage and get him off. He’s gonna bust a gut for us tomorrow.
Maguire won't start like

Agree entirely with the second part of your post, fanciful to think Maguire or McGeady will play 90.

But the first, I'd have said 'I don't think Ross would be stupid enough to try a new formation in a crucial game ...'
Have people forgotten we're 3rd with a game in hand? It's not time to completely reinvent the way we play.

We've mostly played 4-2-3-1. Yes, that's what got us within an inch of an automatic promotion spot. A few games we've been 4-4-2 which worked against weaker sides, and was working against Peterborough. But we struggled last two matches against in form teams.

It's easy to paint Flanagan & Baldwin as a couple of clowns - they certainly looked like it last week. But that would be to have the memory of goldfish. They have actually been our most consistent pairing.

We were chasing the game, and were trying to win the thing not draw - the very thing that some fans have been on Ross' back for. That's hindsight ... if you draw a game, you should have pushed more for a winner. But if you push for a winner and concede, then you should have shored up and protected.

From some comments over the week, you'd think we lost 0-5. Some things were right ... we scored 4 goals. Never mind Griggs ... Lewis Morgan was on fire. And Wyke wasn't far behind.

Back to 4-2-3-1 the way we were playing it, with Honeyman (Rocky does not like this) making up a midfield 3 but pushing on when we have the ball. It's what the players know best. Fitness will dictate who plays.

Agree entirely with the second part of your post, fanciful to think Maguire or McGeady will play 90.

But the first, I'd have said 'I don't think Ross would be stupid enough to try a new formation in a crucial game ...'
Have people forgotten we're 3rd with a game in hand? It's not time to completely reinvent the way we play.

We've mostly played 4-2-3-1. Yes, that's what got us within an inch of an automatic promotion spot. A few games we've been 4-4-2 which worked against weaker sides, and was working against Peterborough. But we struggled last two matches against in form teams.

It's easy to paint Flanagan & Baldwin as a couple of clowns - they certainly looked like it last week. But that would be to have the memory of goldfish. They have actually been our most consistent pairing.

We were chasing the game, and were trying to win the thing not draw - the very thing that some fans have been on Ross' back for. That's hindsight ... if you draw a game, you should have pushed more for a winner. But if you push for a winner and concede, then you should have shored up and protected.

From some comments over the week, you'd think we lost 0-5. Some things were right ... we scored 4 goals. Never mind Griggs ... Lewis Morgan was on fire. And Wyke wasn't far behind.

Back to 4-2-3-1 the way we were playing it, with Honeyman (Rocky does not like this) making up a midfield 3 but pushing on when we have the ball. It's what the players know best. Fitness will dictate who plays.

Agree with much of this.

Whatever centre back pairing or three some we go with I just hope people don’t jump down the players throats if early in the game a pass goes astray or they make a mistake.

Yes an early goal would be great but if it doesn’t come let’s stick with them. If it takes 95 minutes to find a winner so be it.

McLaughlin
Onien Flanagan Dunne Hume
Leadbitter Cattermole
Sterling Honeyman Morgan
Wyke

Would be my team, I'd have McGeough, Mcgeady and Maguire in for Leadbitter, Sterling and Honeyman respectively if they're fit though.

I think Dunne has to play, will be able to deal with Marquis in the air and also Doncaster concede a lot from set pieces and Dunne is real threat from those.

McLaughlin
O'nien Baldwin Flanagan Ovideo
Catts Leadbitter
Sterling Honeyman Morgan
Wyke

Based on us needing to back to 2 DMs, Grigg looking out of sorts, Gooch & Maguire unlikely to start and McGeady unlikely to play at all.

Could possibly swap Morgan to the right and move Oviedo forward with Hume coming in behind him (for Sterling)

Looking pretty grim to be honest. Injuries to key players at the worst possible time.

No Honeyman for me.

I'd tend to agree if we had any other attacking options. He's tended to play as the furthest forward midfielder when we go one up top (which i feel like we need to after last weekend) and at least he offers a goal threat and is busy.

Power is the only option I can see. Him, Leadbitter and Cattermole together in the middle doesn't look good in terms of attacking prowess.

Back