So our start to the season

Billy Fish

Striker
What’s the thoughts on it now?

An iffy opening day home fixture fighting back in spirited fashion from an early goal to get a point. Followed by a point away to one of the main promotion rivals and now a good three points against another potential promotion rival and a bit more team shape and character shown.
Mix in a comfortable win in the league cup.

Everybody happy?

Ross was banging on in an earlier interview how we as fans look too much in to systems, but in switching to 4 at the back we have looked much more impressive.

If it continues in this manner and key players stay fit then hopefully we will be in for a successful season. I’m optimistic now, especially given the rumours of further investment and allegedly 2 players signing next week for decent fees.

I think this win papers over the cracks of what's been a torrid run of form including the back end of last season. We've been on a slippery slope and seem to be getting worse under JR. We have what should be a very strong squad for this league and we barely scrape by, it's as though the game plan is to concede in the first 20 mins and then try to draw so jack can beat his 19 draws from last season.

That being said, a draw against Ipswich and beating Portsmouth in the grand scheme of promotion rivals isn't a bad turn out. It's the pathetic performances against the likes of Oxford that'll be our undoing as it was last season.

Same as last season performance wise so we are in the same boat as last season where we’ll be asking if we’ll kick on or if we’ll just not.

Got more confidence in Willis than I ever did in any of the centre backs last season.

Ross was banging on in an earlier interview how we as fans look too much in to systems, but in switching to 4 at the back we have looked much more impressive.

If it continues in this manner and key players stay fit then hopefully we will be in for a successful season. I’m optimistic now, especially given the rumours of further investment and allegedly 2 players signing next week for decent fees.
Defence looked more solid today and the frontline was creative with McNulty on the pitch, midfield was steady with good cover on the bench.
Confidence from the last two results gives them something to build on

What’s the thoughts on it now?

An iffy opening day home fixture fighting back in spirited fashion from an early goal to get a point. Followed by a point away to one of the main promotion rivals and now a good three points against another potential promotion rival and a bit more team shape and character shown.
Mix in a comfortable win in the league cup.

Everybody happy?
3 poor performances by all accounts, 3 goals conceded but unbeaten and 5 points
All's well that ends well I guess

Good result and a great 3 points...
However we are 9th and the 3 teams we have played so far are all below us...
Far to early to tell for me...
Would still like to see us go try kill teams off when in front.

Back