So our start to the season

I think this win papers over the cracks of what's been a torrid run of form including the back end of last season. We've been on a slippery slope and seem to be getting worse under JR. We have what should be a very strong squad for this league and we barely scrape by, it's as though the game plan is to concede in the first 20 mins and then try to draw so jack can beat his 19 draws from last season.

That being said, a draw against Ipswich and beating Portsmouth in the grand scheme of promotion rivals isn't a bad turn out. It's the pathetic performances against the likes of Oxford that'll be our undoing as it was last season.
Last season has gone , this season is just underway but the team I think will benefit by playing together and hopefully will gel , their will be ups and downs throughout the long season ahead of us and you hope the squad we have can do the job . Compared to early last season the substitutes bench looks a lot stronger and hopefully they will be chomping on the bit to get on the pitch and show what they can do , seems to be heading in the right direction.

Points on the board and unbeaten which is good but it's early days and there's still plenty of improvement needed by Ross to get the team playing like promotion favourites.

Absolutely mental to be talking about how many points we’ll get based on 3 games like. :lol:
Yes but after the Oxford game we were only on target to get 46 points no the wonder the noisy minority wanted Jack Ross sacked , you are right it's to early to be trying to assess the rest of the season with so few games played .It was an idiotic post .

I would say a decent start. Nothing amazing but solid and improving. Beat rochdale and make a couple of signing and we are away I reckon, along as Ross stays away from that horrific 3 at the back formation.

I would have taken 5 points from the first 3 games, but thought it would come with a Win against Oxford and drawing the other 2.

Easier said than done, but if we could get 7 points from the next 3 games it would be a very good start

My assessment is that considering the manager had got it badly wrong in the first 2 games, a return of 5 points and being unbeaten is a good steady start considering who we have played.

Now we are back to 4 at the back, Ozturk paired with Willis, McGeady almost fully match fit, Maguire, Power and Leadbitter in the team we will go from strength to strength.

McNulty's injury is a concern and we will rely on the midfield to score the goals, Wyke was good when he came on and Grigg wasn't and neither are going to score regular imo.

What’s the thoughts on it now?

An iffy opening day home fixture fighting back in spirited fashion from an early goal to get a point. Followed by a point away to one of the main promotion rivals and now a good three points against another potential promotion rival and a bit more team shape and character shown.
Mix in a comfortable win in the league cup.

Everybody happy?

Nor....dropped fowa points...

An iffy opening day home fixture fighting back in spirited fashion from an early goal to get a point. Followed by a point away to one of the main promotion rivals and now a good three points against another potential promotion rival and a bit more team shape and character shown.

Everybody happy?

I feel happier but have major reservations about our careful style of play that rarely creates clear cut chances

We need to get to Christmas and be in the top six with no one running away with it. Unless it’s us obvs

Everybody happy?
So another game down, performance not what people are looking for but the lucky feckers went and got another three points.
Points or performances, if we can’t have both which do you prefer?
If we play like shit in the 1st half and concede first every game, saturday's result will be the rare exception.

We can't pull rabbits from hats all season.
Was tonight a hare from a hat or a hare exception?

Last edited:
We are getting similar results with worse performances than the start of last season. Unless we really make huge strides in improving our performances, than it's the playoffs again IMHO.

So another game down, performance not what people are looking for but the lucky feckers went and got another three points.
Points or performances, if we can’t have both which do you prefer?

Was tonight a hare from a hat or a hare exception?

Didn't see the match... you tell me.

Back