So no minutes silence for the Finsbury Park attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think minutes sllences should be for war dead or other heroes who have laid down their lives for others. We should have them on armistice day to remember and for maybe emergency services workers like the firemen in the twin towers.
Having them for tragic accidents like grenfell and victims of terrorist murderers takes something away from the original meaning.

Brill, so no minutes silence cause he only drove a van into people. What are the rules as to what is an acceptable level of violence during a terror attack? :eek::eek:

You should tell the rest of us because you seem to have determined in your own mind that undefined action "X" merits response "Y" from the general public otherwise they are racists/hypocrites/antitheists.

How do you determine whether "X" is a terrorist attack ? Number of victims or fatalities, nature of attack, country the attack was in ?

What should "Y" be ? How many minutes silence, prayers, candles lit etc ?

Should teddy bears and flowers be left at the scene ?

Coupled with the fact the BBC coverage was over within 24 hours it makes it quite clear that Asian/Muslim lives are simply not viewed as mattering as much as white European/non muslim lives.

Im sure the coverage (or lack of) and lack of 1 minutes silence will really help young British muslims feel that they are equally represented in this country.

Logon or register to see this image

I would do away with them altogether. They've lost any meaning and have become so competitive that there is little respect being shown. People trawl social media to try and catch people out. Half the people involved can't stay quiet so start clapping like a demented seal. At the match everyone is waiting for someone to make a noise so they can pounce on them. There was one for Hillsborough a couple years back against Everton and some Everton fans were making a noise so the bloke behind me thought the most appropriate way to deal with that was to scream "WANKERS" as loud as he could.
Since Diana it has got out of hand.
By all means take a minute out yourself or even take a minute to do a good deed you wouldn't normally do but when people are made to feel guilty for not doing one, there's something seriously wrong with the whole idea.

You sound like Diane Abbot. We've brought this all on ourselves, White Men have been playing Politics for so too long, the Far-Right are much more dangerous than the Muslim lunatics, people only voted for Brexit because they aren't clever enough to make an informed decision (And they're Racist).

Even though I think you're a Troll, I'm going to feed you and respond in kind.

Personally, I think the Minutes Silence is getting out of hand, it's a lovely gesture in theory, but it's becomming more and more common. We can't have a minutes silence for every Terror attack, it should only be used to remember WW1 and ww2 or, we risk, losing it's 'meaning' and it'll just become too forced.

People can show respect in other days, like donate (As I do) to the families, or maybe just have a private moment to think of the families etc - having to be told, rather than asked, to shut up for 60 seconds, is a bit forceful. I work in a busy centre, we're constantly being shouted at to remember the minutes silence, like being back at School.

Strange thread.
I'm going to the dentist this afternoon can we have a minutes silence for me please? About ten past three would be nice when I'm in maximum pain. Thanks.

Strange thread.
I'm going to the dentist this afternoon can we have a minutes silence for me please? About ten past three would be nice when I'm in maximum pain. Thanks.
Not a silence but you deserve a minutes applause for being such a brave boy. If you ask nicely you might even get a sticker.

So 8 died in the London Bridge attacks, 1 died but another 10 injured in this.

So what is the cut off number for a minutes silence?

1?
2?
5?
10?

Or just not muslims?

Im not sure its possible to reach any other conclusion unless you can think of another more plausible reason?
Muslims died in Grenfell, we had a minutes silence

You need to remember bitterpuss believes his job is more dangerous and stressful than troops fighting in Afghanistan!
It might be soon as I would imagine if there are any muslim kids in his class he'll soon turn them into terrorists after they continually hear him telling them society couldn't give a fuck about them and he would understand if they carried out a terrorist attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back